i like your eyes

It was approximately five in the morning, Cassidy was with her elbow leaning on the table and her chin in the palm of her hand, while she watched that waiter prepare a dish for her.

"Do you eat out of frustration?" asked the cook, who had his sleeves rolled up.

"I'm worried. . ." she sighed, running her hands over her face.
"I only met Zoro recently, but he became someone special," she smiled.

The blonde raised an eyebrow, looking at her carefully.
"Romantically?" his question caused the brunette to choke on her own saliva.

"What?" she let out a loud laugh, one that sweetened the ears of that cook.
"Of course not. Oh!, no, no. He's like a best friend," she smiled, straightening up again.

Sanji smiled and finally approached the small table Cassidy was sitting at. The blonde took a seat in front of her and handed her breakfast.

"It looks pretty good," Cassidy smiled, complimenting the delicate presentation of her dish.

"A lovely breakfast for a lovely lady," he winked, giving her a half smile.

Cassidy felt her cheeks heat up and was even more embarrassed when the cook laughed, noticing her flushed face.

"Stop doing that," she asked, hiding her face with the palm of her hand.

"Do what?" he mentioned with false innocence, smiling foolishly.

"That, wink at me or smile at me. You make me nervous," she confessed without preamble, taking a bite of the sandwich in front of her.

Sanji smiled again.
"Excuse me, madame. But it's impossible for me not to smile at your beauty," he joked, although deep down he knew it wasn't a lie.

"Now, now, stop smiling like that."

Cassidy opened her hands and placed her palms on the cook's face, avoiding being able to see him. The blonde let out a small laugh, feeling the brunette's delicate hands on his nose and cheeks.

Sanji took Cassidy's hands by the wrists and pulled them away from his face, staring at her. The archer was blushing slightly, while she had her gaze fixed on her in the large kitchen. She immediately smiled again.

"I like your eyes," the blonde said unconsciously, making Cassidy turn to look at him quickly.

"My eyes?" she wrinkled her nose, noticeably confused. No one had ever flattered her eyes.

"Yes, your eyes. They are beautiful," he touched the tip of her wrinkled nose, making her smile.

"Take that face away, you'll get wrinkles, Cass," he joked, trying to hide his nerves.
"Now eat, go."

Cassidy moved her hands away from the blonde's and went back to eating her breakfast, this time with a smile and a thought about the compliment the cook had given her.

━♡

Cassidy arrived on the scene, finding Roronoa's swords shattered. The brunette stood behind Usopp with a neutral and indifferent look, but deep down she was dying of concern for his friend. She took her brother 's hand from her and squeezed it tightly.

"Why do you insist?" Mihawk spoke, watching the green-haired boy in front of him extend his arms slowly.

"A wound on the back is a shame for a swordsman," he explained.

"Magnificent."

Cassidy felt another pressure on her left hand, she watched the navigator look at her seriously, both were worried.
Dracule Mihawk wielded his gigantic sword and delivered the final blow, delivering a wide, deep cut across the green-stranded swordsman's chest.