Chapter 22- A Team, A Family

SORRY FOR THE BREAK IN CHAPTERS
GOT SOME IMPORTANT STUFF TO SAY IN THE COMMENTS

THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER OF THE BOOK, THEN WE HAVE AN EPILOGUE

ENJOY IT EVERYONE

~ ~ ~

Third Person POV

"Do you think we should wake them?"

"How can we? They look so lovely together."

"It's been a long time since we saw  sight like this."

Natasha, Clint, Tony and Bruce all stood in the doorway of the hospital room, their eyes on Steve and Zoey, asleep together in the hospital bed.

Steve was lying on his back, still plugged to the machines around the bed. Zoey was squeezed into the spot beside him, curled into his side, her head resting on his shoulder.

"It's nice to see them back together." Natasha smiles.

"Yeah, it is." Clint agrees as Steve begins to stir.

He opens his eyes, looking up at his teammates, his friends.

"Hey." He moves slightly, accidentally waking up the woman beside him.

Zoey stirs, opening her eyes and blinking slowly.

"Morning." Steve tells her with a grin.

She looks up at him and smiles sleepily, closing her eyes for a moment.

"Good morning." She replies, giggling slightly when Steve kisses her quickly.

"Ahem." Tony clears his throat, and the two look up at the crowd in the doorway.

"Oh my God." Zoey immediately sobers up, wide awake as she gets off the bed. "Oh my God."

"Nice to see you again." Bruce chuckles at her state.

"Oh my God." Zoey repeats again, running into the arms of the closest man; Clint.

"Hello to you, too, Zoey Redbird." The trained assassin laughs, hugging back his lost friend, his lost sister.

"I can't believe you're all here." Zoey says in disbelief, hugging Bruce and Tony.

"Well, not all of us." Tony says, "Hammertime couldn't make it."

"That's fine, that's fine." Zoey wipes her eyes, thinking of the Asgardian. "I'll see Thor again."

"So." Bruce smiles, "It's been a while."

"I'm so sorry." Zoey tears up again, "I'm so sorry."

"Hey, it's okay." Bruce tells her as she hugs him again, "It's all okay."

"It's been so long." Zoey sniffs, "I've missed you all so much."

"We missed you to." Tony grins, "It's good to have you back, Redbird."

"It's good to be back, Iron Man." She smiles up at him, "It's good to be back."

~ ~ ~

Zoey's POV

We sit in the hospital room all morning, chatting about how SHIELD's downfall has affected the country.

"The government's pissed." Clint says to Steve, Natasha and I, "They want to put the three of you in prison."

"Let them try." I reply and Steve takes my hand.

"Yeah." He agrees, "We're not going anywhere."