Chapter 8

Velon groaned in slight annoyance as he swung his hand out and cut the head off a stray devil that tried to kill him.

It had been a few months since he and Guy evolved into advanced races. He'd risen to level 135 as of right now, and Aeris was at level 97. His growth right now was that of 9 feet tall. Ridiculously tall, but he didn't care, he'd love his daughter no matter how tall she was, though sleeping in his room has become a bit of a pain for her now that she's slowly approaching the roof with her head.

So now she stayed curled up in his bed all tight and ready to snuggle. And He was more than down for that.

However, right now he was questioning reality as he stared at the dead body of the stray devil who would not die!

He has cut its head off, burnt it, and many more things. He most definitely has broken the Geneva Convention. Several times. Oh well, they weren't human, so he could do whatever he wanted.

Even casting an observation didn't reveal anything different about this creature.

Name: Randal
Title: [Stray Demon]
Race: Demon
Lvl: 96

So, he just decided to go with the age-old method, blow it up till it's gone. However that didn't work, and he couldn't use his more destructive moves without destroying the city by accident.

"Perhaps I can try this. Hey, stand still for a moment!" Velon demanded as he summoned his sword and cut all its legs, tail, and arms off. Then it stomped its head into the ground while using fire to keep it from regenerating right away.

"Oh Holy Spirit in heaven, hear the call. Grant onto this lowly luminous one your omnipotent and omnipresent power. Grant me the power to slay this fowl beast." Velon chanted and to his surprise and happiness a bolt of white lightning slammed down into him and a notification appeared.

Holy Bolt: Lvl 1
A lightning bolt holding the power of light, a power born from the dead biblical god.

"Hell yeah!" Velon cheered as he couldn't believe it worked. He had been joking and planned to just blow the little demon shit to nothing by trying to limit his power. If all else failed, welp time to run like a bat out of hell.

"So, what have we learned today?" Velon asked the growling demon who had several burn marks on its chest where it was hit with the residual energy of the [Holy Bolt] that hit him.

"Fair. Now, enjoy being a test subject to level my skill up!" Velon laughed as multiple [Holy Bolt]'s were used.

It reached level 37.

"Shiny," Velon murmured as he saw a bright red stone on the floor. Reaching down he picked it up and used an observe.

Stone of Blessed Might
A stone containing part of the power of a past demon king. They who hold this stone shall be able to use the demon king's power left in the stone.

"Mine! I can make that power mine eventually. Just need to get an absorption skill." He murmured to himself as he chucked the stone into his inventory and went on his way.

When he woke up cuddled up to his Gabite, he honestly didn't expect a knocking on his door. His mother's voice came through.

"Honey, you have a friend named Guy here." She said and he grumbled about annoying redheads but told her to send him up. He also told Gabite to go spiritual.

He didn't even bother getting out his bed as his friend, his only friend, walked into the room.

"What do you want this early in the morning?" He groaned out from under the covers and his friend sighed.

"It's 2 pm!" He said in annoyance. "I've been texting you for HOURS!" He added on and true to his word the moment Velon looked at his phone there was a LOT of text from Guy, nicknamed in his phone Crimson Annoyance.

"So what do you want?" Velon asked as he tried to hide under the covers as Guy opened the blinds. He did not hiss. Not at all.

"My family was planning a trip to Tokyo for my birthday, however, my sister decided to cancel because she's too good to go, so I wondered if you wanted to go with us?" Guy asked slightly embarrassed, and normally Velon would tease him about it, but he could tell his friend worked up a lot of courage to ask this.

"Sure. When are we going?" Velon answered simply and Guy smiled as he handed him a ticket.

"3 hours? 'Right, let me throw some clothes together and we can go." Velon said as he opened his closet and grabbed a suitcase the previous him had planned on using to run away one day.

He threw in a few days worth of clothing knowing he'd probably wear the same clothes and use magic to keep them clean. Why not?

"I'm ready," Velon said as he happily walked out of the room dressed. Guy blinked as he didn't even see him get dressed!

"Ok," Guy said as they walked down the stairs and through the living room where the other three members of Velon's family were.

"I'm going to Tokyo for a few days see you then!" Velon said in a happy tone leaving his family to blink and stare confused for five minutes before it processed in their head.

"WHAT!?" A collective yell was heard and the two best friends heard it with their super hearing.

"So your brother, sister-in-law, and nephew are going as well?" Velon asked as they arrived near a large house where a large limo was waiting.

"Yes," Guy said as he opened the door and they walked into a living room where Velon saw three people.

A red-haired man wearing a tracksuit, if a very expensive one. Silver-haired women wearing some casual clothes. A red-haired kid in shorts and a normal shirt.

"Oh, you must be Velon Eveningshade! My little brother has told me so much about you! Thank you for being his friend and-" The red-haired man went to continue, but got smacked by a rolled-up newspaper.

"Sirzechs-kun please stop. Hello Mr. Eveningshade I am Grayfia Lucifuge. This is my husband Sirzechs Lucifuge. And this is our son Milicas Lucifuge. It's a pleasure to meet you." Grayfia said as she bowed slightly and Velon felt a strict, but homely feeling from this woman.

He was tempted to call her big sister. He probably would by the end of this trip.

"It's a pleasure to meet you three as well. Please take care of me, and please call me by my first name." Velon said and the three smiled and said he should do the same in return.

I know it wasn't that much for this chapter, but I want to see if maybe you all can guess how the upcoming chapters will go.

Also, I have a few questions for you all.

iPhone or Android?

PC/Xbox/PlayStation/Mobile/Handheld?

Favorite food?

Favorite game?

Till next time, Voidy!