Chapter 3 ~ Fight, Alluka! Fight!

3rd person PoV

The following days were both fun and fulfilling for Gon and Alluka. One day, Gon finally decided it was time to teach Alluka how to fight.

Gon PoV

I told Alluka that we have to train to fight for the coming weeks, and she immediately sulked.

'Why?' She pouted. 'I have big brother and Gon nii-chan, and even Kurapika and Leorio to protect me!'

'But what if one day some one attacked you while big brother is not available like now, Kurapika and Leorio are not here and I went out and there's no one to protect you? What would you do? You don't know how to fight!' I explained.

'Fine...'Alluka agreed unwilling.

I taught her a few simple fighting techniques first. She seems to find them fun and interesting and soon stopped pouting. When she got better at it I decided it was time to train her fitness.

'Aww! But things were just getting fun!'

'Training is not about fin, even if you can have fun on the way. You have to be stronger to defend yourself. Now here are 3 aspects to train to help you fight better — speed, power and thinking.' I said cheerfully.

'I understand power, but why speed and thinking?'

'Speed is to help add the impact of power better and also to escape. If you add speed into a punch or a kick speed can make it 10 times stronger. Also, if you know someone is way stronger than you, you can quickly escape.' I explained.

'Thinking is what I always lack. It is the ability to be able think calmly and formulate a plan while in battle, or to change plans quickly. If you are reckless like me you might make the wrong decision and lose the battle.' Alluka nodded her head.

'We'll train these 3 categories separately, then combine them later on, then you'll become really strong, okay?'

'Got it!'

'In the following week we are going to train speed. You have to be able to run 100m in 10 seconds, and keep this speed up for at least 10 minutes. We also have to train to be able to run for distances, such as being able to run around the whole island under 3 hours. Don't worry, I'll train with you, okay?'

Alluka PoV

I was really shocked that there were so many things to train. I was able to run 100m m in 10 seconds on the 2nd day, and was able to keep the speed up on the 5th. I was also able to run around the island, which was really vast, under 3 hours in the morning of the 7th day. Now it's time to move on to power.

'This week we're going to train power. You'll have to be able to break a small stone with your bare hands into smaller pieces at the end of the week. But before that we'll have to lift heavy weights first. So let's hit the gym!'

I was panting and sweating a lot while training. Gosh! Those weights were really heavy! Gon nii-chan was able to lift them all with ease, I wonder if big brother could too? I was finally able to lift 3 tons by the 4th day, and was able to break a small stone the size of my palm into smaller pieces by the 6th evening, and can grind them into powder by the 8th. A little behind the schedule, but Gon nii-chan assured me it's fine. After resting for a few days, it was finally time to train thinking.

'Thinking is not my strongest point, as I'm always really reckless. However, I will test you by asking questions on fighting situations, and gradually you should be able to respond instantly with a plan. Once you've answered 30 questions instantly with a good plan, we will begin sparring, and whenever you find yourself in possible danger while sparing me, quickly think of a plan and take action. Also, think of a plan to defeat me before fighting, best when you are walking towards me. We will begin combining the 3 after you have defeated me thrice. Don't worry though, because I'm not going to use my strength. Good luck Alluka, you can do it!'

Gon nii-chan said I've got big brother's brains, and is really smart, so I can easily answer all of his questions in the first day. Three challenging part is fighting. Gon nii-chan is really strong even without Nen so defeating him is really hard, but I managed to scrape my first win on the 5th day, and 2 more on the 7th. Now it's time to proceed to the final stag, combining the 3. Gon nii-chan first taught me how to do it, than taught me a few more fighting techniques, and after I aced them I'm ready to go.

Gon nii-chan while fighting is like a blur, I'm 100% sure I wouldn't be able to even see his shadow before training, but luckily I could catch up now. I was finally able to win a single match after a whole week, but I doubt I could if Gon nii-chan showcased his full potential. At least now I can defend myself when someone's attacking me, and don't have to always rely on big brother or Gon nii-chan to protect me. I feel slightly relived.