Chapter 25: Sleep wins...every time.

Start from the beginning

“Wow she’s cute, who’s that?” Kat asked and I glanced in the direction she was pointing.

“Oh no you don’t, that one’s as straight as an arrow and completely off limits to you.” I said steering her in another direction. Oh I probably should have mentioned Kat was a lesbian, another reason I probably liked her, because at least she wasn’t drooling over me like so many other females I knew.

“Honey, no one is off limits for me.” She said with a wink and pulled free of my hand. I watched in amusement as she approached Jessie who was standing by herself, drink in hand and subtly swaying to the music. Well I warned her.

“Hey sweetie what’s up?”

I turned to him when I heard his voice and we hugged briefly before I focused my attention on kat once more.

“Ugh, she’s here?” Rivers said, the disgust practically dripping from his tongue. I laughed.

“I honestly don’t know why you guys hate each other so much.” I said.

“You mean other than the fact that she’s a raging bitch, a conceited pig and a-” he began, face turning red as he described her.

“Okay okay I get it.” I said with a laugh, cutting off his words.

“What’s the witch doing anyway?” he asked nodding in her direction.

“Trying to pick up Jessie.” I said with a smirk and he chuckled.

“Didn’t you tell her Jessie won’t even date any of the guys here much less a female?” he asked and I could tell he was enjoying this.

“I warned her but you know Kat.” I said then we both fell silent as we watched it play out.

Right now kat was working all her charms. Rather than acting all tough and badass like she always did she was playing the ‘innocent’ card. Acting all sweet, smiling at all the right times and when she giggled at something Jessie said, I almost choked on my drink.

“What’s going on?” Laken question as he walked over to us with Grady trailing not far behind.

“We’re watching kat fall to her doom.” Rivers said with a chuckle.

“That’s Kat? wow she’s hot.” Grady said coming to stand beside me and resting his hand on my shoulder. I rolled my eyes.

“You think anything with a pair a breasts and a slim waist is hot.” I told him and when he seemed to think about that for a second. We all laughed.

“She’s trying to get Jessie? But Jessie isn’t…” and Laken trailed off when he realized that was the reason we were standing here watching.

“Okay looks like Kat just told her she’s interested.” I said and we all looked back at the two.

Jessie was shaking her head and backing away, like something Kat said had offended her and Kat seemed to be trying to calm her down. She was saying something and she had her hands up almost in surrender and a moment later Jessie seemed to calm down.

“Are you guys spying on Kat?” a deep voice questioned behind us and we all looked to the sound. It was Carson.

“Yeah, she’s trynna pick up Jessie.” Laken said.

“But Jessie isn’t-”he started but fell silent when Laken shushed him.

I watched as the Alpha walked to where Laken stood and hugged him from behind, then it was back to watching Kat.

Things seemed to have gone back to normal between the two girls now. Well the conversation looked kind of stilted and awkward but, normal enough I suppose.