Chapter 10:....DAY 1 :Stuck with Grady...

Chapter 10

“Yeah that’s it, think you can get one over on me? Fuck no!”

I opened my eyes slowly and winced when he started another round of shouting. He sat on the floor at the foot of the couch I was laying on which meant his head was at my chest. In his hands he held the game controller and his eyes were glued to the T.V screen as he cursed the enemy he was forever fighting against.

I noticed he had his headphones on which meant he hadn’t wanted the sound from the game to wake me up. Too bad he hadn’t thought to plug his mouth along with it though.

“Grady” I groaned. He was giving me a headache and I just wanted him to shut up so I could go back to sleep.

When he didn’t answer and continued to spout insults at the game I tried again….and failed.

Rather than wait for him to finally come to his senses (which would probably never happen since it was Grady after all), I reached around him and pulled the controller out of his weak grasp.

“Hey, what the hell are you doing!” he shouted, turning around swiftly, his hand outstretched as he tried unsuccessfully to retrieve the controller.

 I raised it above my hand then quickly tucked the controller under the cushion I was laying on. The only way he’d be able to get it back was to lean over me and try to wrench it out; something I wouldn’t mind him doing since I’d felt slightly cheated out of bodily contact with him since yesterday.

He started stretching over to get it but I guess he heard the sounds in his headphones and turned his attention back to the T.V in time to see that he had lost his game…just as he was about to make a high score too.

 I gave him the most innocent look I could muster as he glared down at me but when he raised his hand to knock me upside the head;

“I’m hurt!” I said raising my hands in surrender and watched as he deflated with a frown and lowered himself back onto the carpet.

“You have any idea how long it took me to get to that level?” he glared.

“You have any idea how awesome that dream I was having was?” I replied and watched with a smirk as he shook his head. He turned back to the TV, grabbed the remote to turn it off then sat staring at the blank screen with a pout.

I took the opportunity to settle back into my comfortable position so I could get some well needed rest. About a minute later he said something that had me looking at him through half open lids.

“I’m actually looking forward to meeting a vampire.” He said, just like that, out of the blue.

I guess this line of conversation was something I should expect from him, it was just crazy enough to reflect his personality after all, so instead of giving him the “you’re insane” look, I simply took a deep breath and asked;

“And why exactly would you want to meet a vampire?”

He shrugged; “I don’t know, I’ve just always wanted to, they’re kinda cool...sucking blood and whatever.” He said it as if he was talking about the weather.

“And sucking blood is cool?” I asked in a mocking tone.

 He gave me a look that said ‘fuck off’ and I chuckled.

“Well keep dreaming because vampires don’t exist.” I said confidently and watched as he looked at me with an annoyed expression.

“How do you know?”