Episode 5: First Day

Magsimula sa umpisa

Izuku: No way... this is some kinda joke.

All Might: Izuku Midoriya... welcome... to your hero academia.

After receiving his acceptance letter, Izuku had met up again with All Might for the first time in a while, discussing what had happened during the exam.

Izuku: Your power almost completely wrecked my body. And all I did was jump and throw one punch, but thankfully, the watch protected the arm I punched with. I can't control it. What do I do?

All Might: Don't worry. You'll learn to manage in time. Hoping to master it right away is like asking a baby to run a marathon. You still have to go through the process of learning how to walk. Right now, your Quirk is either all or nothing. One day, you'll learn how to control your output. Then you'll be able to adjust exactly how much power you're using.

Izuku: I just need control?

All Might: You're overflowing with energy at the moment. With training, your body'll hold it better. Then it's yours to command.

Izuku nods in acknowledgment as the 2 of them get recognized by some fans.

All Might: Right. Now we run!

Izuku: Huh? O-Okay!

All Might: *in his head* The torch I passed on to you is but a small flame right now. In time, it will be kindled, until you wield a raging inferno. The more powerful you become, the more you'll outshine me. Eventually, I'll retire. My job complete. Hoo! Deep stuff, All Might.

After their meeting, Izuku made his way to UA for his first day of classes. He stands outside of the school gates looking up in awe of the building.

Izuku: Some of the greatest heroes came from here... and now... I'm following in their footsteps.

He takes a deep breath as he enters the building, wandering through the halls in search of his classroom.

Izuku: Class 1‐A... 1‐A...C'mon, where is it? Ah! There! Man, this thing is huge. Are there giants here?... The most promising students in the country are waiting behind this door.

Izuku thinks about his encounters with Bakugou before and Iida at the exam.

Izuku: Maybe we're in different classes. Maybe everyone in here is nice.

As Izuku walks in he immediately sees the 2 people he didn't want to see.

Iida: Take your feet off of that desk now!

Bakugou: *sarcastically* Huh?

Iida: It's the first day and you're already disrespecting this academy by scuffing school property, you cretin!

Bakugou: You're kidding me, right? Your old school put a stick up your ass? Or were you born with it?

Izuku: *annoyed* Just my luck.

Iida: Uh‐‐ Let's start over. I'm Tenya Iida from the Somei Private Academy.

Bakugou: Somei, huh? So you must think you're better than me. I'm gonna have fun tearin' you a new one.

Iida: *gasps* You would threaten me? Your own classmate? Are you sure you're in the right place?

Izuku: *sigh* Same old Kacchan. Some things never change.

Iida: Huh? It's him.

Some of the students murmur to themselves, having heard about Izuku's power and feats.