𝟎𝟕| 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐌𝐲 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲

Start from the beginning

"She ain't none of your concern. I still don't even know why yo ass is here right now, I told you I'd handle it." I snapped at him, but it didn't phase him in the least. He was used to this, he couldn't put his foot down as a 'father' when it came to my mouth now that I was grown. I'd never let that happen.

Rylo chuckled and shrugged his shoulders, "What's wrong with a little bit of help?" he asked with a taunting smile.

"What's wrong is that I know you only here to try to assert power over me or some shit and I don't like that. You might've made me, but I'll still beat you the fuck up my nigga, don't be here to treat me like no lil ass kid." I said, which only made him laugh at me. This was the one person whose heart I couldn't put fear in, not yet at least.

Dré walked up to the both of us, placing a hand on my shoulder, probably trying to break the tension between us. "Don't mind him pops, Xaier just mad that auntie abandoned him and now he trying to find more information on her so he can stalk her and threaten her life with his guns." he stated, making my dad look at me curiously.

I smacked my teeth, "I wasn't even gone use a gun." A knife would be more like it.

"Who is this woman? I hope to God it's not that bitch from Queens, Keyshia or whatever her name is. I raised you better than to be sleeping with gold diggers." Rylo shook his head, and the guys all started laughing like he said something that was so funny.

"Kesha ain't no gold digger, and auntie ain't her... she somebody else, live up in Manhattan." I explained briefly.

This caught Rylo by surprise, he rose his eyebrows at me. "She must be pretty well off for herself."

"She's a big time nurse and shit, married to some lawyer business owner or something... you ever heard of her husband? Jayce Arcane?" I asked him, knowing he knew practically everyone of power that lived in New York. Not to mention the place where she resided Manhattan, because Rylo stayed over there too. And if her husband was as famous as she said he was, my dad definitely knew something about him.

"Yeah. That's his wife you're talking about?" Rylo questioned, and I nodded which made him grin widely at me and chuckle. "I taught you well." he laughed, patting me on the back.

"What?" I asked confused as hell.

Rylo sighed deeply and kept his hand rested on my shoulder, "Let's just say me and Jayce had somewhat of a rocky past back in the day, a hatred that still carries on til this day. But I won't dwell on it now nor will I even bring it up. All in due time..." he said cryptically, which made me want to smack the shit out of him, I don't know why he didn't just say it.

It kind of blew my mind as to how her husband could possibly have a history with my dad, Ivy was around my age, so how old was her damn husband to have known my father for so long?

"You a weird ass old man." I mumbled, side eyeing him.

He frowned and gave me the exact same look back, "X. Just because you're grown doesn't mean I can't-"

"It most definitely does, dad or not, like I said I will beat the shit out of you. Don't fuckin' touch me." I interrupted and moved my shoulder so that his hand fell while he looked at me with an angry on his face, but I didn't give a damn. Threatening me like I was a child wasn't going to get him far, and he knew that shit.