• CHAPTER 46 •

Start from the beginning

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because I am hurting too," I shouted, my voice shaking the high walls of the house. My heart started beating, "I can't see her crying. If I see her hurting I will fall for it, I will apologize and will beg for her forgiveness. She will forgive me. She will come back and I will end up hurting her again," I took a deep breath and looked away, "I won't be able to take it if i hurt her again."

Before he could say anything, I hurried to the door. I sniffed, scratching my nose and blinking the tears that threatened to fall down.

I drove to the mountain where I took her the first time, where everything was good. I wished then that I never fell for her spell. I should have never agreed to fall for her.

I climbed up and sat where we were sitting. I looked straight in front of me, watching the sunset, imagining that she was sitting next to me, enjoying the view, just like I do every day. I remembered our conversation again. I remembered telling her that "blood" is my favourite colour to try and scare her. I remembered her eyes sparkling when she saw the sun rising. I remembered looking at her and feeling my heart drop. I knew I felt something but didn't want to admit it. I didn't want it to happen. It was my first time feeling something after Lilly and knew exactly what it was but I chose to ignore it, not wanting to feel what I was feeling at that moment.

I took out my whiskey bottle and started drinking out of it. I didn't stop even when I started to feel lightheaded. I didn't want to be conscious. I didn't want to feel my heart breaking anymore. Maybe this day I wasn't able to imagine she was there. Even almost two months later, the pain was not healing but it was getting worse. I was tired. And nothing was helping.

 And nothing was helping

Talia

I threw my head back from laughter and shook my head.

"You're an idiot, Joe."

He mirrored my laugh. "What!" He put his jacket and his shoes on and dug his gun in the back of his pants.

"Who sings in the mirror then puts his gun in his pants because he has a mission to go do?"

"Me," He widely smiled, making me giggle again. "Okay, I have to go now because Romeo has been stressed and he gets mad at everyone."

"Romeo?" I frowned.

"Yeah. He has been taking care of everything now."

My heart dropped. "Why? What happened to Ace?" I kept a smile on my face, not wanting to show the effect of his words on me.

"Ace threw him everything to take care of since he hasn't been in his right mind. You know, he doesn't do anything anymore."

I nodded, not wanting to ask further questions.

"Okay, I gotta go now."

"Take care of yourself," I said and got up to lock the door behind him.

"You take care of yourself, Tal." He said, turned around and stole a quick kiss making me blush. "Bye." I smiled and closed the door behind him.