What happened to that sassy girl awhile ago? Gone just because of one simple touch? What a freakin' weakling, Amelia!

"A hundred and one percent, huh?" Theo spoke in a low voice. His breath tickled my neck and I felt a shiver run through me. Damn him and his power over my body! I tried to focus on the pain in my foot to distract me from the heat that had started to build up in my body. I felt my skin burn as he fiddled with my dress. "Where the hell are the buttons on this dress?"

Boy, I'm so glad he changed the subject! Or else I would have lost control and my legs would have given in to his touch. "It doesn't have a button, the zipper is on the left side." I was about to move, but he just held me in place.

He found the zipper and slowly zipped it down, his fingertips grazing my skin teasingly, giving me goosebumps all over my body and making my stomach flutter with freakin butterflies that I wanted to kill at this moment.

I wasn't sure if his touch was intentional or he was just being extra careful.

He removed the strap from my shoulder and the dress pooled at my feet. "I can put a baby inside of you right here and now, you know." Theo's voice was dark and seductive, and I felt my stomach flip.

He leaned in close and I caught a whiff of his cologne. His hot breath was on my neck as he spoke. My heart pounded in my chest, and a wave of unmistakably desire washed over me. I knew then that I was in trouble and my body was betraying me, again!

I was so glad he couldn't see the flush that was rapidly spreading across my cheeks. My face was burning and my throat tightening as I tried to control my breathing.

I was grateful for the height difference!

"Is that a threat?" I managed to breathe out the words without stuttering.

He pulled me a few inches away, arching an eyebrow as he flashed me a mischievous, yet undeniably sexy smirk and a cruel glint in his eyes.

Goddamnit, he was serious!

"It's a fact and long overdue don't you think?" I could feel the heat radiating from his body, and my heart raced in anticipation. I swallowed hard, my pulse skipping as I tried to think of a response. It's so freakin difficult to sass him or even come up with something to say, especially when I was naked in front of him with only my undies on!

Remember when I said Theo was a strategist and a master manipulator? That he could easily make anyone do his wishes without them knowing? That's probably what is happening now.

I wasn't quite sure why he seemed to have that kind of power over me. One minute I could be this sarcastic and outspoken person, and the next I was convinced to do whatever he wanted. It was like he had some special kind of magnetic appeal that made it impossible to say no to him. I guess that must have been the power of a true mob boss or maybe he was just damn irresistible.

But of course I always have an antidote to this. Just thinking about him and Penelope was enough to break whatever spell he had on me. Plus, I found another way to stop it by thinking about the possibility of him agreeing to set me up with Lukas. I took a deep breath, and felt the magic slowly fading away.

I was in control again. I felt calm and clear-headed. I didn't waste any time. I glared at him and muttered, "Won't this upset your girlfriend?"

I knew I was pushing it. I knew a vein would pop out of his forehead any minute now out of anger, and I was determined to see if I could make it happen. I didn't back down and kept staring at him, but to my surprise it didn't show. To my surprise, his hand held the back of my neck and his thumb gently caressed my cheek, and I froze in that moment, not sure what to do. He leaned in closer and whispered, "What girlfriend?"

I swear my heart stopped beating for a few seconds. I knew he could sense my confusion, that knowing smirk playing on his lips was evidence of it. It was as if he already expected this reaction from me.

What?

I could feel my cheeks flushing as I looked away, my mind spinning with questions. I turned to face him again to ask, but.

"Are you ready?" The nurse who kept coming at the wrong time ruined it again for me.

"She is," Theo answered. He swept me off my feet and put me down in a wheelchair before I could process what had just happened. Also, I must have been in a complete state of shock that I didn't notice I was already in my gown and being wheeled away by the nurse.

-END OF CHAPTER 17-

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it! 🤭 I love the playful Theo here, so ❤️ See you on next chapter!

For those you want to read the advance chapters (which is now on Chapter 24!) check out my Patreon Account: notjustarandomgirl Thank you for supporting my writing career! It means a lot to me. Love you all.