❄️ Chapter 34 ❄️

Yumetsuki had always been concerned about what sort of Sensei both of her boys would get once they had become Genin. She had expected the Third Hokage to pick a good teacher for them, but she had never expected that this teacher would be Kakashi. She had been concerned, still, upon seeing this, but since she saw their first training together, she was a bit more sated. However, things did not turn entirely pleasant once Naruto and Sasuke learned that their weird new Sensei knew her from before them and was being too smug about it to their faces.

Naruto had to be restrained back from Kakashi in order to avoid him going out of control in his annoyance that the older man could possibly know his 'Nee-Chan' more than he did. His glare could burn Kakashi's hands off every spot that he kept around Yumetsuki's body. He had attempted to attack his new Sensei as he held the white-haired woman, but Kakashi easily evaded the boy's attacks by swaying Yumetsuki around with himself.

"How can he possibly know you more than me, Meiko-Chan?" Naruto complained as he and Yumetsuki walked home together later in the evening. "He can never know you more than me! Not even if he has a million years! He just can't!"

"Both your Kakashi Sensei and I were in the same class, Naruto-Chan," Yumetsuki explained patiently. "And we are both Jonin, and within our village... it was inevitable for us to know one another, especially given our close age..."

"He's so old though," Naruto continued his tirade against his new Sensei. "You're not as old as him, Meiko-Chan! You look so young and he looks so old! He acts so old as well! And it can't be that he knows you more than I do! You live with me and not with him!"

"He was simply teasing you, Naruto-Chan," Yumetsuki informed him gently. "Kakashi-Kun likes to play around a bit... he did not mean to actually upset you,"

"You're too nice, Meiko-Chan," Naruto told her. "He's taking advantage of your kindness! He has this evil glint in his eyes whenever he looks at you, Meiko-Chan!"

"I am sure that is not quite what it is..." trailed off Yumetsuki, unsure what he meant by this glint. "The relation I have with you is different from the one I have with Kakashi-Kun. There is no competition, Naruto-Chan,"

"First, I have to share you with Sasuke," Naruto grumbled. "And now Kakashi Sensei!"

Sasuke, on the other hand, was completely cold in his disregard toward Kakashi. He refused to even look at his Sensei and kept his eyes trained solely upon Yumetsuki as he questioned any possible relationship that she could have with someone like him. Sasuke had always had a disdainful expression but never before had Yumetsuki ever seen such a disgusted expression on his face before. He refused even acknowledge Kakashi.

"How do you know that Sensei?" was the very first thing that Sasuke demanded of Yumetsuki when she arrived at his doorstep later in the evening with dinner. He still supported that disgusted expression on his face, but it had softened slightly upon seeing her bring him his favourite dinner.

"We were classmates during our time in the Ninja Academy," Yumetsuki answered gently, finding herself at a repeat with this interrogation. "And we have been working together since we graduated. As Jonins in the same circle, it was inevitable for us to know one another,"

"That doesn't answer why you're still in his circle, though," Sasuke responded. "You're pretty busy with your missions, aren't you? You should just cut him out,"

"Well, I cannot quite do that now that he is also your Sensei," Yumetsuki reminded him. "And he is not a bad person. He is a bit eccentric, but he means well. I am sure you, in particular, will learn a lot from him,"

Kakashi appeared to be over the moon with their reactions, and Yumetsuki could not begin to tell why in the world he was so eager about this. She had not expected him to be so smug about knowing her for a longer duration, and he seemed to have the time of his life rubbing it all into the faces of twelve-year-olds. Yumetsuki could only be confused by this.