❄️ Chapter 14 ❄️

Kakashi had come to Yumetsuki early the following morning, and he had borne out everything that had happened – how he had been approached by Danzo, how he had gone to join the Root and how he had met a boy there with the ability to use the Wood Style. And following the events of the previous night, he had also gone and given false news to Danzo.

Yumetsuki had listened to him patiently and then, with the help of Hiruzen and some of his trusted ANBU members, the two of them constructed a plan to bring out the Wood Style-user into the open so they could confront him and confirm his abilities for sure this time before they went any further.

In the end, they had Kakashi turn himself into the copy of Hiruzen while Yumetsuki and the rest of the ANBU members accompanied him to travel off to the Fire Feudal Lord's residence.

"Hokage-Sama, are you ready to depart?" Yumetsuki inquired as she showed upon the roof of the Hokage Residence where the pseudo-Hiruzen was waiting for her.

"Yes, let's depart!" replied Hiruzen, or rather, Kakashi as he looked at the girl kneeling in front of him in her ANBU-garb, wearing the Yukito mask for her Ice Style.

From there, the two of them along with five ANBU members departed on their little mission at the hour of the tiger. And as they travelled through the forested outskirts of Konohagakure, Yumetsuki could feel the Root members all over the place, very clearly following them. The one she was most interested in was the boy Kakashi told her of, Kinoe, who could use the Wood Style.

"Enemy attack...!"

It took them long enough but the Root members were finally on their way to attack Hiruzen as they appeared from above, and immediate fighting broke out amongst the ANBU and Root members. And as expected, the five ANBU members were taken off course.

Yumetsuki gave the Root members the benefit of the doubt and herself sparred against a Root member, making it seem like she was struggling against him when she was sure she could defeat him. Her sensors were far off toward where Kakashi was disguised as the Hokage.

And as soon as she felt the first instance of a new presence, Yumetsuki defeated the Root member in front of her and headed toward pseudo-Hiruzen as Kinoe jumped off a tree.

"Wood Style Jutsu...!" Kinoe said before long wooden logs appeared out of the ground and attacked the pseudo-Third Hokage right in the vital spot.

"What?" responded the pseudo-Hiruzen as he was struck in the stomach by the wood.

However, Kinoe soon realised that the person he thought was the Third Hokage had only been a substitute. He looked up to see Hiruzen on a nearby tree branch and Kinoe stilled when he saw Yumetsuki appear near to Hiruzen. With a puff of smoke, Kakashi stood in place of Hiruzen with her.

"I apologise but this is it for now," Yumetsuki spoke to Kinoe and she pursed her lips when she saw that he was about to use his Ninjutsu against her again.

"Wood Style: Grant Forest Jutsu...!" Kinoe said, putting his hands together before holding one to Kakashi and other to Yumetsuki in order to attack them.

Kakashi immediately began his Chidori while Yumetsuki defended herself by raising a wall of Ice that appeared without her even having to move a single finger. The wood struck Ice and Kinoe's eyes widened as it rapidly froze his Wood, travelling toward his arm until he detached it from the Jutsu.

"Chidori...!" Kakashi shouted, streaking through the wood, making Kinoe fall back.

Yumetsuki dispelled her Ice when the Wood began to retreat. Kakashi jumped above Kinoe, his feet on both sides and Chidori ready but Yumetsuki moved next to him quickly.