❄️ Chapter 9 ❄️

Over the course of time, Yumetsuki found herself growing closer to her classmates as they took up their duties as Chunins. And during one such occasion brought Yumetsuki to sit next to Obito as the two of them hung out at the Training Grounds, having some lunch together.

"This is really good!" Obito exclaimed as he looked down at the bento that Yumetsuki had brought for him. "Did your Oba-Chan make this?"

Yumetsuki looked over at him and nodded in reply as she smiled gently at how excited he was. She had been off duty and like many other days, come around to watch Obito train.

"It is really, really good!" Obito said, eating quickly.

Minato had told her a lot about it but Yumetsuki had never quite known just how different the two boys were but as she saw more of them, she realised just how much of a rivalry was between Kakashi and Obito. It was almost like raging fires.

The Uchiha boy never backed away when complaining about Kakashi. Sometimes Yumetsuki was surprised, as she had never known Kakashi to be like that and other times, she wasn't so much.

Whatever the reason was, but Yumetsuki had come to envy how Obito liked Rin. The white-haired girl had developed a sort of crush on the Uchiha and did not like how she was not in Obito's thoughts when he went to sleep at night or when he woke up.

That person was Nohara Rin.

Yumetsuki did not dislike Rin for being the core of Obito's affections. She had a cordial relationship with the brunette as well, who often invited her to certain activities when she heard the Yumetsuki and Kakashi were friends, although the older female had looked uncertain at the thought of Yumetsuki being friends with Kakashi for some reason.

It was something Yumetsuki never questioned Rin about, in case the brunette felt like the younger girl was out to steal Obito away from her. No, Yumetsuki only wished that they lived in an alternative world where she and Obito could simply spend all of their afternoons together.

"Are you free today, Obito-Kun?" Yumetsuki inquired. "Do you want to go see my house?" Obito looked over and was thoughtful for a second. "Grandma Chi was asking about you,"

"I'm sorry, Yumeko," Obito said. "But... you know..." He blushed. "Rin asked me to meet her at the park today! I need to buy some flowers!" He jumped up from the bench.

"W-Wait, um, what...?" Yumetsuki asked, surprised.

"Sorry!" Obito replied. "I'll come with you tomorrow! Tell Grandma Chi that she is great at cooking!"

Yumetsuki was handed the empty lunchbox and turned to see Obito run off in the direction of the Yamanaka Flower store. She was stunned at what had happened in a whirlwind. She looked down at the lunchbox and sighed, closing the lid before picking up her own and closing it as well. She stacked the two in her bag and zipped it close, pulling it over her shoulder.

Let's just go work.

The remainder of Yumetsuki's afternoon was spent as an extended shift at the Konoha Hospital before she headed out to the Konoha Library, on the way to she was met with none other than Nohara Rin. The brunette noticed her and came over to her.

"Yumetsuki-Chan," Rin said and Yumetsuki bowed her greetings to the elder female. "Are you going to be free later this afternoon? Around five o'clock?"

"Today?" Yumetsuki asked, thoughtful as she thought about her schedule for the day. "Um, I believe that I am free... it depends on what you are going to request,"

"It's not much," Rin replied. "But there is something I want to arrange for a later date and today is just a meeting to discuss it. Everyone is coming, and you were Kakashi-Kun's classmate, too,"