❄️ Chapter 17 ❄️

"Kinoe!"

"We have to get him out of there," Yumetsuki said, turning to look at Kakashi urgently and the tall boy held onto the girl's hand tighter, not wanting her to get herself in danger's way. "Kakashi-Kun,"

"Y-Yeah, you're right," Kakashi replied. "But I'll get him out of there – you stay here and back me up," Yumetsuki looked toward him in confusion. "We can't both jump into danger together,"

Kakashi quickly charged up his Chidori and went to extract Kinoe out of the snake and Yumetsuki stood up from above, using her Ice Style to constrict the large snake and impale as many of the smaller ones as she could with her shards of Ice. Kinoe seemed to have fainted.

"Let me see," Yumetsuki said as she quickly landed next to Kakashi and turned to check on the brunet to see if he was alive. "He is alive – just fainted, I believe,"

"Are you all right, Kinoe?!" Kakashi asked in a panic as Kinoe woke up just seconds into Yumetsuki healing him. "Are you alright?"

"I think so..." Kinoe replied as he looked at Yumetsuki and Kakashi above him. "But why?"

"Why what?" Yumetsuki asked, taken aback.

"Why did you save me?" Kinoe asked.

"We couldn't just let you die," Kakashi responded as Yumetsuki cut off the ropes with an Ice Blade.

"But even if you did, I would have deserved it," Kinoe said.

"Did you... want to die?" Yumetsuki inquired in a rather serious voice.

"No, I didn't," Kinoe answered. "I... did not want to die,"

"Then be thankful that you're alive," Kakashi told him.

"That... I'm alive?" Kinoe repeated.

It was a strange thing to say but before Yumetsuki could question him about it, they were interrupted – as the carcass of the snake behind them began to diffuse something out at a very rapid pace and Yumetsuki's eyes widened at the smell of it as she quickly turned to the two boys.

"The fluid from the snake..." Yumetsuki spoke at once. "Do not inhale it through your mouth! It is poisonous when it gets humid! Just run out of here!"

Both Kakashi and Kinoe were stunned at how quickly Yumetsuki had figured out the poison and all three of them hurried to get away from the fumes as she created a dome of Ice around the snake.

Kinoe had been wearing a thick mask that protected him while Yumetsuki had used her Boil Style upon her to destroy any poison that she may have inhaled. Kakashi was not very lucky.

Kakashi was hit by the fumes and he collapsed to his knees, struggling to breathe as the pain shot through him. Yumetsuki spun around at once toward him, and to Kinoe's great shock, pulled down Kakashi's mask, and before the brunet could see his face, Kakashi's lips were covered by hers.

Yumetsuki was kissing Kakashi in the middle of a life-and-death situation, Kinoe was astonished until he realised that she was using her Boil Style to clean out Kakashi's airways from the poison.

It was an embarrassing situation and she did not want to do this while he was unconscious but his life was much more important for Yumetsuki. And she was much more embarrassed and ashamed at the thought that entered her head – Kakashi's lips tasted the same as all those years ago. No, this is only a sort of CPR, not kissing.

"Run!" Yumetsuki told Kinoe, and he was surprised at the unexpectedly urgent tone in place of her usually cool voice. "Do not breathe that in, just get out of this room,"