❄️ Chapter 20 ❄️

Shisui was quick to locate Yumetsuki as soon as he learned that she had arrived back in Konohagakure. The white-haired girl had been walking back down the road that would lead her to the Hokage's Office to restart with her work when her path was suddenly intercepted.

For a moment, Yumetsuki had been confused at the sight of the tall boy before she recognised the smile on his face to be Shisui's. He had grown much within just a year, and his hair was a bit longer and his features appeared much more mature than the ones that she had left behind.

"Yumeko-Chan!" Shisui had spoken the moment her eyes registered him and Yumetsuki had noted that his voice was also starting to become deeper now. "You're finally back!"

Before the older female could respond to the boy, Shisui had embraced her in a hug and lifted her feet easily off the ground. Yumetsuki clutched onto his shoulders in surprise.

"Shisui-Kun!" gasped Yumetsuki as she looked down at him but Shisui only grinned at her before he set her back down. "Oh, you have grown so much stronger than I last knew,"

"And so do you!" Shisui replied, seemingly out of control with his excitement as it appeared that he simply could not stop smiling at the sight of her. "Your forehead...!"

"Yes, I have finally managed to earn for myself a Strength of a Hundred Seal," Yumetsuki said, now starting to smile wider. "How does it look, Shisui-Kun?"

"It makes you look even prettier, Yumeko-Chan," Shisui answered earnestly. "You look beautiful,"

"Thank you very much, Shisui-Kun," Yumetsuki replied, giving him a gentle smile.

"Were you on your way to meet Hokage-Sama?" Shisui asked. "Can't we go have lunch together first, Yumeko-Chan? It's been so long and I want to talk about so much with you,"

"In that case, I suppose I can spare some time to talk," Yumetsuki agreed upon the eager look on his face. "Let us buy some food and have lunch at our usual spot,"

Having bought some Japanese confectionaries, Yumetsuki and Shisui made their way to their usual hangout spot by the Nake River. It seemed like Shisui was more interested in talking than eating at the moment, chatting continuously as the girl simply sat and listened to him attentively.

"It's a shame that we couldn't take any missions together," Shisui complained and Yumetsuki couldn't help but smile at him. "I had to wait so long to see you again,"

"I am happy that you kept yourself busy with work as well," Yumetsuki said. "I read all of your letters diligently – it always cheered me up to receive one from your end,"

"Did you really like them?" Shisui asked, his cheeks gaining some colour. "I thought I was being incomprehensive in my letters. It was hard to talk about one thing at a time,"

"I enjoyed it thoroughly, I assure you," Yumetsuki replied, smiling. "It was just like talking to you,"

"I knew I should've made it more interesting," Shisui said, smacking his fist on the palm of his hand. "I kept on complaining about all of my mission partners in all of them,"

"That is true," Yumetsuki admitted. "However, it prompted me to work hard and return quickly,"

"Did you partner up with anyone while you were away?" Shisui asked, a bit embarrassed.

"No, I was by myself," Yumetsuki replied. "However, all of the missions were quite easy, fortunately, and I managed to complete them well. I hope Hiruzen Sensei found them good enough,"

"He did!" Shisui assured her. "He talked to me about it once – I heard about how you fought against all of those Ninjas on your missions, and from different lands, too!"