Chapter 2

Y/N was back strolling down the streets of Liyue to go find some of his friends to greet them. He wanted to go to Mondstadt right after all this to talk with some more friends there about the whole dragon incident. There was certainly plenty to catch up on for him.

He ends up in front of Wanmin Restaurant where he dropped in to pay a visit to Xiangling, who looked to be busy at work making food for customers. The food here was always amazing with a wide variety of tastes. Anyone who came here would be happy.

"You look like you've got your hands full, Ling. I hope business has been going well." Y/N told her with a friendly laugh as he walked up to the front desk.

Xiangling turns around to see who it was, quickly recognizing the voice. Her eyes widened and immediately hugged said person. "Y/N! You're back, I didn't know that! I've been doing good here, no worries. You look like you've been well too."

"I'm doing just fine, hanging in as always. I wanted to come see you and all the others here. Don't let me keep you from work either. I just wanted to say a quick hello." Y/N replies, followed by giving a headpat to the chef.

"This won't hold me up, it's okay. Take this snack with you too and I can properly make you something else soon." The pyro user handed over your favorite small snack.

"Thank you, you're sweet as always. I'll make sure to come pay a visit again soon." Y/N waves at her and turned to make his way out of the restaurant, leaving Xiangling with a faint blush across her cheeks.

The next person to see once again was Hu Tao, who he promised to spend time with. He entered the funeral parlor where he saw her sitting around working on something. It didn't look like she noticed him either. Now it was time for him to repay her for the 'scare' she gave him earlier.

Thanks to his training, he was quiet on his feet and very nimble. Y/N stood behind her and puts his hands on her shoulders to shake her, while leaning down to her ear to shout-

"Boo!"

Hu Tao screamed from the sudden scare. Whipping her head to see who was there, her eyes locked with your E/C. She stared at him for a few seconds, processing what was happening, before realizing just how close you two were now. The Funeral Director backed up a little bit, trying to control how she felt right now.

"I didn't hear you come in at all! You nearly sent me to an early grave, you know. To make it up to me, you can buy some of our coffins! No deals at all for you because of this trick." She sticks her tongue out at you. The two of you always had this kind of game going on between you two.

"Well, I don't need a coffin right now, but maybe I can make it up to you some other way. How about we take a walk and I can buy you something that catches your eye, hm?" The samurai offered, to which Hu Tao eagerly agreed to. After all, who wouldn't want a gift from their crus-Ahem, their friend.

"Of course! I'll make sure you give me something I well deserve after all that. Let's get going now, my temporary servant." Hu Tao marches out of the funeral parlor with Y/N in tow. She decided to use this time to hold onto his arm to drag him around.

The two went around town together to enjoy some quality time in each other's presence. As they walked, they looked at some stores to find a perfect gift. Something that caught Hu Tao's eye was a necklace from the jewelry store. Y/N had to admit that it was a pretty piece and it was even more beautiful on Hu Tao.

"Do you want that? I can get that for you right now. I have more than enough from my work as an adventurer and mercenary." He thought this would be a nice long lasting gift, which only added to why he wanted to get it for her.