Mahalakshmi : A Blissful Life

Time had passed away and life had changed in it's own pace. A lot had happened but finally Sadashiva and Adi Shakti were residing together as Shiva and Parvati on the peak of Kailash along with their little family. Their two sons.

Kartikeya, their elder son was the God of war. The leader of the Deva army. As a young teenager, he was handsome and powerful who had the qualities of both of his parents.

Their younger son was, Ganesha. The Lord Of Auspiciousness. The remover of obstacles. He was the first God who was to be invoked before any worship or work. After Shiva had beheaded him and he had got his elephant head, he had become everyone's favorite. The little boy, who didn't look older than four or five, chubby and adorable, was very smart and knowledgeable but was mischievous as well, a quality that he had gotten from his uncle, Vishnu. But most importantly, he was a mama's boy. He never left Parvati's side even for a moment. The boys were extremely dear to Shiva and Parvati and they lived happily with their little family untill.....

It was a peaceful morning in Kailash. Parvati was sitting beside Shiva, resting her head on his shoulder and he was holding her hands.

"It feels so peaceful, Uma" he said. Parvati chuckled.

"That is because your sons aren't here yet."

Shiva laughed as well and then said, "You know I am grateful to you."

"For what Mahadev?"

"This family. I have this beautiful family, our boys, because of you. You worked hard to get me back into the world. If you had not, then I would have missed out on this happiness."

Parvati smiled softly and cradled his face.

"It was both of us who did it, darling. Like we always do" Parvati said and placed a soft kiss on his cheek. Suddenly two loud voice started to come.

"Ma!"

"Ma!"

Parvati recognized the voices and sighed.

"There goes your peace" She said and got up from your seat as Ganesha and Kartikeya came running into her view.

"What is wrong with you two, now?" She asked, crossing her arms.

"Ma, Bhaiya ate my Modaks" Ganesh said, making big puppy eyes which almost made Shiva smile.

"No Ma, I did not eat his Modaks. I don't even know where he got them from. I was out of Kailash the entire day yesterday. How will I get his modaks?" Kartikeya defended.

"Wait wait... Vinayak, where did you get Modaks from now?" Parvati asked.

Ganesh pouted and said, "Ma you forgot, you had only kept aside some for me for later but those are gone now!"

Parvati went near him and knelt down.

"Sweetheart, did you forget that you yourself had eaten those last night. When I was putting you to sleep, you said you were hungry and ate those Modaks."

Ganesh scratched his head, "I did eat them, didn't I?"

Parvati nodded.

"See I told you I didn't do anything" said Kartikeya.

"You two will never change. Now say sorry to your older brother" Parvati ordered Ganesh and he went near his brother.

"I'm sorry, Bhaiya! I blamed you for nothing."

Kartikeya smiled beamingly, "It's alright, Bhai. You are way too cute to be angry on. Come on, let's go in. You want to race?"

Ganesh giggled and the both ran away. Parvati turned around and looked at Shiva with a blank expression and then both of them bursted into laughter.

"What will I do with these two, Mahadev. You only tell me!"

"Uma, without our boys, this place feels empty. They are the joy of Kailash" Shiva said.

"That's true."

"Narayan Narayan. Pranam Prabhu. Pranam Mata."

The arrival of Narad made both of them turn around and they greeted him. Parvati noticed the worried look on his face.

"Devarshi, what happened? Why do you look so worried?"

"Mata, the impending worries me" Narad said.

"You are worried about Rambh's son, aren't you?" Shiva said. Narad nodded.

"Who's Rambh, Mahadev?" Parvati asked. Shiva turned to her and started the tale.