Chapter 31 First Day at Palace III + Invitation

Arriving at the training ground, I could see some of the equipment of the guard: short swords, spears, longswords, and some light armor. I saw there was a commotion on the training ground, and immediately Milo followed me, walking past me and toward it...While I was looking around the area, I noticed Adel was sitting on the bench, beside the training ground. At once, I walked toward her, with Lady Herallia and Lady Clara following beside me..

While I was walking toward her, she noticed me, and her head turned toward me. At once, she stood up, and came to me...

In front of me, she said, "My lady, you come here??"
"I am curious about what all of you are doing, so I come here..." I introduced the people beside me to her, "This is Lady Herallia and Lady Clara with their maids behind them....and this is my maid, Adeline..."

Adel greeted them...

After the introduction, I asked her, "What is that commotion? Why do a lot of people gather there?"

"They are just watching a sparring match between Cassius and the other guards.."

"Cassius??"

Lady Herallia asked, "Who is this Cassius, Lady Aurelia??"
"One of my two guards..."

Her face became happy and showed a little bit of mischievous, "Hoooo..." She immediately went to the commotion...

"Not again..." Lady Clara spoke with a low tone, and followed her..

When I wanted to walk toward the commotion, Adel stopped me and grabbed my right hand...

I asked, "What's the matter?"

She said, "This Lady Hillaria, my lady better be careful of her.."
"She is my acquaintance, Adel..." I released her grab of my hand, and walked toward the commotion. Flavia and Adel followed behind me.

..

At the commotion, I could see Cassius and someone else at the center of it. They exchanged some swings between each other; Cassius was more defensive than the other guy. But he could find the parry and counter of the other guy swinging, and in just a second, he could disarm the other guy and win the spar.

While I was watching, suddenly Valerie was right beside me, and said,

"You come in here??"

I answered, "I want to check all of you..."

"Like you have seen, the guards in here just want to spar with us...and that's the fourteenth spar from Cassius in a row.."

I was shocked, "Fourteenth in a row?? He must be tired...How about letting him take a rest?"

"We tried, but the captain is not letting him out of the center of the ground."
"Who is this captain? And where is this captain?? I want to talk about it"

"Follow me!!"

Valerie guided me out from the commotion..While I was following Valerie, I saw Lady Hillaria go to the center of the ground with a sword in her hand..It seemed she would spar with Cassius, but I kept following Valerie, and not watching the spar.

Her leading end, there were two men standing, it was Milo and another man.

Valerie pointed at the other man, and said, "He is the captain..."

I walked toward the man; they noticed my arrival and looked at me.

In front of them, I asked him, "Why do you let my guard spar fourteen times in a row, without any rest?"