Chapter 25

We continued the trip to the capital, I felt the coachman side was so awkward. Adel sat in the middle of Cassius and Valerie, and I couldn't hear them exchange some words to lighten the trip. ...

On the trip, at one point, I felt the carriage suddenly stopped for no reason..I asked Adel.

"What happened?"

She answered "Some animals disturb us.."

"Animals?" I stuck out my head from the carriage, and looked at what animals Adel said.

It was a pack of wolves...where there were 6 wolves...Cassius and Valerie immediately went down, and faced them..Yet, Adel kept sitting and watching them..

I asked her "Why you not come down? And help them?"

"Why I need to do that? My lady has paid them, surely it is their job to do that..", suddenly Adel raised her voice, "IF I HELP THEM, SURELY THEY DON'T NEED THIS JOB.."

"But–"

Suddenly Cassius raised his voice, "IT'S ALRIGHT, WE CAN DEAL THEM..."

I felt Adel raised her voice, and not lending them a hand was on purpose...To irritate them? But, I would not let them go away from me.,,

Some minutes passed, Cassius and Valerie settled them up, without using their transmutation. I watched Cassius walk toward me. In front of the carriage's door, he asked.

"Do you need their pelt? Or anything from their corpses?"
"Pelt?? You can take all of it, for you..I don't need it."
Instantaneously, Adel said, "We don't have any time to loot some animal corpses.."
Valerie, hearing that walked toward the carriage, and Cassius jumped to the coachman's side, I saw their face quietly disappointed, to leave all the wolves' corpses behind. We proceed with the trip.

...

..

.

The sky shrouded with bright orange, and the sun almost set. Adel told me, we would stop to make a camp for staying the night. Few moments later, the carriage stopped at the riverside close to the river. I could hear Cassius and Valerie already putting their feet on the ground, followed by Adel. Adel opened the door, and I walked out from the carriage..

After I was on the outside, I saw Adel immediately take something from above the carriage...Cassius tried to help her, but she ignored the help from him. Adel took the thing from the carriage, I looked at it, it seemed like a tent, but it was a small tent.

I took a seat at the carriage's stairs, because there was nothing to do for me. Adel tried to build the tent, Cassius and Valerie seemed to take a walk around the spot, to find dry wood. To decrease my boredom, I took a walk to the river, throwing some small stones or whatever to the river. In a moment, Adel called me, saying that the tent was done..

I checked it, and it was a small tent just for one person, with a mat to sleep in. I asked to Adel,

"Where will you sleep?"
"Don't worry me, my lady...I can find some way to do that."
"Are you sure?"

"Quietly sure, just enjoy, take a good rest on your night...and we need them to come back, so we can have dinner.."

...

Cassius and Valerie arrived with some dry wood. Instantly they arranged all the woods, lit the woods, and we had our fireplace. Before I sat on the ground, Adel put a mat for me to sit on. Adel walked to the carriage, unloading some from it. It seemed like some cooking tools and some ingredients..She used the fireplace to make dinner meals, but...