Chapter 8

The three girls were scared about our presence around them, and the boy tried to calm them down. I walked behind him, and started to approach the girls closer. I got down and talked to the girls.

"What's your name, little girls?" I asked them

They just shook their heads, the boy answered for them..

"They don't have names like me.."

"My!!!!" I was surprised "Since when do they live in the streets?"

"I don't know since when, but I found them in the streets, so I brought them here." The boy answered.

I put my hand to his head and started to pat him "What a kind and amazing boy you are."

The boy was blushing with my pat. I stood up, and turned my face to Adel and Lady Octavi.

"This type of case where children are being neglected on the street, is it common here?" I asked them.

I saw that their faces seemed hard to answer.

"I believe not, my lady...It is so rare for children to be neglected on the street, it's almost impossible.." Lady Octavi answered.

"Back then, Lady Octavi said 'that kind of street is gone, so there is no kid living in the street anymore' why can you say that?"

"Because it is what it is, my lady. His grace, my lady father, has fixed this problem."

"Fixed? How did my father do that?"

"I believed his grace provided a foster care and orphanage for these children."

"Foster care and orphanage?"

"His grace built some orphanages in this duchy to take care of these children.."

"What about foster care?"

"His grace built some training centers for people who want to treat these children, and become their foster parents, so these people were trained and capable to take care of these children in their home or in the orphanages.."

"If my father did all of that, WHY ARE THERE STILL 4 children being neglected in front of me right now?"

"That is the one I didn't know, my lady."

"What If there are more children in the streets than these 4 children?" I asked and tried to cool my composure from being angry..

"I think it's impossible, my lady.."

"But it's possible too...I will talk with my father later about this matter...but right now, what are we going to do with these 4 children?"

"I think it's good for them if we take them to the orphanages.."

I was thinking about it for some moments.

"NO! I want to bring them home.."

Lady Octavi and Adel's faces were surprised..

"My lady...is my lady's act little selfish?" Adel said..

"Little selfish, What do you mean about it Adel, huh?"

"I know, my lady is worrying about these children, but to take them, I think it's a little selfish of my lady. Surely my lady wants to save all the children in the streets, taking them is not the answer my lady, what happens if there are 8 children, will my lady take them all?