13. {Rengoku} ~ Sunshine

AU: None
Words: 1780

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

  I have met many demon slayers in my life. From the weakest to the strongest, I'm always around them due to my work: I'm a Kakushi, a person "cleaning" the battlefield. To be exact, I have to go retrieve slayers after their fight, no matter if they're alive or not. I tend to their most deadliest wounds first before bringing them back to the Butterfly Estate where they can receive better treatment. Of course I don't do that all alone, I'm in a little group of five people.

   I didn't plan on becoming one at first, I didn't even know that was a thing. I was meant to become a demon slayer, but I could not control my fear against those monstrous creatures. I still wanted to help, so Master Ubuyashiki told me about the Kakushi.

   I have met every Hashira, even if I didn't talk properly with most of them. But I seem to always run into the Flame Hashira, Rengoku Kyojuro. If I was to describe the man, I'd say he's the definition of a sunshine. He's always smiling, in a good mood and take care of others. I feel like I met him yesterday, even though it might have been over than a year now.

   At that time, I freshly became a Kakushi. I was walking around the Butterfly Estate to remember how it was made for when I'll have to bring injured slayers here. Once I went outside, I caught a glimpse of the Flame Hashira walking around. He immediately greeted me with a loud voice, starting a conversation right away as if we've always been friends. It was just natural.

"Are you the Kakushi wielding a katana ?" He asked suddenly.

   I look at him in shock, not knowing where that name came from. They probably know I used to be a slayer, so I guess it is me. I just nodded, explaining why I stopped. I suppose we became friends at that moment since we've discussed for what felt like an eternity, stopping when it became dark and Shinobu chased us from the front of her Estate.

  As a Kakushi, only my e/c eyes are shown. And somehow, Rengoku always found a way to recognize me. One time, he even asked me to help him train since I didn't have work that day. I must say, swinging a blade while a mask is hiding the bottom of my face wasn't easy: sometimes the mask lift up into my eyes. So naturally, I ended up taking it off, finally traveling my full face to someone. I didn't think much of it when I did that; I even forgot I wasn't allowed to in the first place. And that's when I saw the Flame Hashira frozen in place that I understood my mistake.

"It is a shame that your fear prevents you from fighting, you are very good manipulating a katana !" He suddenly exclaimed as I look around for the clothes I threw away.

   When I looked back up at him, he had come closer. The sincerity in his eyes, the never-faltering smile he seems to always show... At that exact moment, I knew I was feeling something for him. My heart started to beat faster and my cheeks felt warmer than normally. I couldn't help but smile at him, his joy was contagious.

   When you're doubting about your feelings and wondering if you're in love, who do you go to to seek advice ? Kanroji Mitsuri, the Love Hashira. Even though her explanations are a bit hard to understand, I know she's the only one who could help me with my feelings.

   And when I asked about love, it was like she went completely crazy about it: she was talking so fast that I couldn't quite make out her words. And the worst moment was when she asked who I possibly loved. I was reluctant at first, but if I wanted help I had to say it. And that's how I learned she was his Tsuguko before. And now I'm just scared she will tell him even on accident, even though I said I wasn't sure about my feeling. Maybe I just look up to him...?