1. {Zenitsu} ~ The deal.

AU: High School
Words: 987

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

   I woke up this morning to my alarm clock ringing, punching it across the room. It was Monday, meaning a new week. Summer was coming, bringing us warm days. It was pleasant, but the days felt like two, and it was exhausting. Not mentioning that the final exams were soon too, about in two weeks.
   I'm not a perfect student, but I'm not the worst either, like perfectly in the middle. I have difficulties, so I just use all my free time to study and helping Zenitsu. The poor boy has serious issues with studying, and I feel like I'm not much of a help. We should probably ask Tanjiro, he'd be better than me.

   The first classes in the morning were the worst. I'm tired, I'm hungry and I just don't want to be here. At lunch, I was studying the lessons from the class I'm the worst. Then comes afternoon, I almost fell asleep. I'm glad I had Inosuke besides me, the guy is always yelling, preventing me from going into dreams' world.

   When the final bell rang, I sighed in relief. It wasn't finished for me though, I still have to help Zenitsu. I hope it won't take too long, or else I might just sleep in school.

"Ready ?" I ask once he leaves the classroom, jumping a little at my voice.

"Um... about that..." He starts, looking at his shoes.
"I-I think it would be better if you stop helping me..."

   Wait what ? Did I hear that right ? Why would he suddenly wants to stop studying with me... He might be tired of seeing me everyday. I wouldn't blame him, but I still feel a little pinch in my heart.

"What do you mean ?"

"You're really tired, you take your free time just for me and it's not right..! I can't learn anything, you should just let me fail.." Zenitsu explain, locking his eyes into mine. Why do I feel those stupids butterflies in my stomach ?!

"You think I do that out of pity...? I do it because I want to help you, Zenitsu. We're... friends, I won't let you down." I say before starting to go towards the library, hearing the boy's footsteps following me.

   After a while of explaining the same thing ten times in a row, the poor blond started crying. I was doing my best to calm him, but I wasn't really successful.

"I'm so sorry Y/n..." he sobs while I rub his back.
"I know I'm bringing you down, but it just doesn't make sense to me...!"

"Let's make a deal." I completely ignore his words, he wouldn't believe me anyway if I told him it wasn't true.

   He stops shaking and sends me a confuse look, indicating me to explain more.

"If you pass the exams, no matter what your grade is, let's go out."

"Go out..? Where ?" He questions still not getting the hint. I knew I didn't fell for the smartest.

"On a date. Just you and me." I respond confidently, disregarding my bursting heart. I swear he could hear it.

   It seemed to work, seeing that he finally answered correctly an History lesson. And even after that, it only took three to four explanations before he got what every subject was about. After months, I finally found out what would motivate him ! Not gonna lie, it felt pretty good to know he was doing his best just for a date with me. Even if he doesn't pass, I'd still go.

.
.
.

   The exams' results are finally posted, and I made my way to the girls' side. Only the ones that passed are on the papers, I just need to see my name. I don't really care about my score, it doesn't matter to me. As I was looking, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw my name... in second place. How did I do that ?! Maybe the studies with Zenitsu were more useful to me than what I thought !

   Speaking of the devil, I turn to the boys and wait to see a crying Zenitsu running to me.

"So ?" I ask, not wanting to wait any longer.

"I'm last...!" He says sniffing.

   Oh. So now what..? I tell him I still want a date with him ? Would he accepts, he's probably gonna think it's out of pity...

"Y/n, I passed." He explains with a serious tone.
"I have the lowest score, but I did it..! All thanks to you !!"

   Without anytime to react, I was tackled into a hug, almost falling to the ground. When I snap out of my thoughts, I hug him back tightly as I feel my cheeks becoming red and the butterflies in my stomach getting crazy.

"So, what are we gonna do on the date ? And when ??" He excitedly asks, breaking the hug to look into my eyes.

"We'll talk about it when we're out of school, but let's do it for the first day of holidays ?"

"Sure ! See you right after !"

   And as if it was the most natural thing to do this instant, he quickly kiss my lips and run away giggling.

"Gosh, he's so adorable..." I mumble as I feel my face becoming completely red.

"I told you the deal was a good idea. Stop doubting yourself." Tanjiro says approaching, looking at the direction Zenitsu ran.
"Follow him, I'm pretty sure he's already waiting in front of the school."

   I thank Tanjiro, before going toward the classroom were we could retrieve some of our stuff, before dashing toward the school's entrance. I jumped on Zenitsu, scaring him.
   While laughing, I take his hand and intertwined our fingers, before starting to walk with him.

"Hey Zenitsu ? I love you !" I blurt out with a big smile.

   He looks at me shocked, before he made the most beautiful smile I've seen. I really fell hard for him, didn't I ?

"I love you too Y/n !!"