10. {Aizetsu}~Bound

AU: None
Words: 1914

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I woke up suddenly in the middle of the night, having a weird feeling. I didn't take the time to look around as I immediately get up, almost falling in the process. That was strange, I couldn't explain what was happening; I just knew I had to be somewhere. Luckily, my brain still worked and I had the reflexe to bring my katana with me. But I still managed to almost put my shoe on the wrong foot somehow...

   I took a deep breathe and started to run towards the forest, still feeling anxious and disturbed for some reason. Nothing felt right to me, as I was dodging some branches and roots, trying not to trip. I have no idea how long I ran, but I never stopped once, going deeper in the woods not knowing when I would stop.

   Eventually, I arrived in a place around the middle of the forest. I was walking now, catching my breathe as the feeling died down.

"Who are you..?"

   I turn around as soon as I heard that voice filled with sadness, as I see a demon standing there. The thing that caught my eyes was actually his, where "Upper Four" was written in them. Did I really crossed paths with one of the strongest demon by following an instinct..? The weirdest thing is; I don't feel any hostility from him. I should keep my guard up though, he's a demon.

"I'm Y/n..." I decide to answer truthfully, not seeing the point in lying about that anyway.

"What are you doing alone... There's demons here." He answers skeptically, narrowing his eyes at me.

"I actually have no idea.." I look around, trying to figure where exactly I was, but I've never been in this part of the forest.
"I was like drawn to this place."

   The demon's eyes widened a bit, repeating my last sentence. I couldn't really understand what was happening, and why was I feeling safe around an Upper Moon.

"The urge to come here..." I hear him mumble.
"I felt the same thing. I'm Aizetsu by the way..."

   Something is definitely not right. There's so many questions I want to ask, but I'm pretty sure he's as clueless as me on this. I look around to see what could have drawn us here, but I couldn't find anything at all. We were surrounded by trees, bushes and everything a forest should have.

"Aren't you afraid I could attack you..?" Aizetsu suddenly asks, as I turn my attention back to him.

"Not at all."

He's right, he's still a demon and I'm a slayer. We're enemies, it only makes sense if we would attack each other right now, but... I feel like we can trust each other. That must be the weirdest think I thought about tonight.

We were standing still, trying to figure out what to do next, as I wondered if I should head back to the village. I don't even know if I'm far from it...

"Did you hear that ?" The demon questions in a whisper, not moving at all.

I glance at him in confusion, seeing how serious he was. I tried to listen to my surroundings, but couldn't hear anything.

"Hear wha-" I stop myself, hearing a rustling sound from behind us. It was very faint though.

We decided to slowly turn around, as my hand goes instinctively to the handle of my katana, ready to unsheathe it in case. I mean, it could only be an animal, but it's night time; it could be another demon too.