2. {Aizetsu} ~ Sapphire

AU: None
Words: 2604

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"We were meant to meet, but not meant to be..."

I was walking through the forest without any goal. I didn't pay attention to anything except my breathing and my crazy heartbeat was the only thing I could hear. If a demon appeared right now, I would be dead without even putting up a fight; my katana is broken, blood comes from my broken nose and my mouth, one of my legs hurt at every step... Dry tears were on my cheeks as I really thought that this time, I would be sent to hell.

My vision was a bit blurry at times, but I could clearly see a figure in front of me. I stop in my tracks trying to focus on the stranger, but I suddenly fall on my knees, trying to catch my breath.

"Humans can't regenerate like demons..." I hear the voice of a man say.
"Thinking about it makes me sad..."

I look up, only to find the silhouette right in front of me, crouching to be on my level. The moon was making this guy's eyes shining a beautiful sapphire color. But as my eyes travel a bit higher, I could see horns... that can only mean one thing: I'm currently facing a demon.
I smile as I let myself fall on my back, looking up at the dark sky and those infinite stars that were decorating it.

"The moon is beautiful, isn't it ?" I ask out loud, not really expecting an answer.

"Tonight it's brighter than usual..." the demon responds while looking up too.

"If it's gonna be the last thing I see in this world, then I'm happy." I exclaim as I close my eyes.

I believe I had a good life. My family may not be with me anymore and I may have lost some friends among the demon slayers, but I have saved many people. I have met wonderful people along the way, and I couldn't ask for more.
As I try to focus on the shining moon that I just saw, my brain could only remember blue.

"Wisdom." I blurt out, opening my tired eyes.
"Symbolized by the color blue."

"Blue is for sadness and depression... it's not a happy color."

   I look over to the demon that has, indeed, a sad look on his face. Was that because of the color, or the color was because of his attitude ? Demons are as complexe as humans.

"Sadness and depression..." I repeat, glancing back at the stars.
"... but also serenity, stability, inspiration and wisdom. Depending on your point of view, you give different meanings to things. Does that means all are true ? Or that it can't be everything at the same time ?"

   There was a pause for a moment, and I was fighting to stay awake. I once again observe the moon, trying to guess the color. Is it yellow because of its shine ? Or blue because of the night ? Maybe it's just pure white. If it shines yellow and the night is blue, why don't we see it green ?

"Why do humans always think too much..."

"And yet here you are listening to me... instead of killing me..." I couldn't say anything else, as everything turns completely black.

   That was it, I went over my limits in the fight I had. Even though I was prepared to die; I've always put my life in danger to save others, I didn't want everything to just end like that. I want to keep protecting people, I want to live for someone, I want to love one. I want to learn more about that demon, how was he not trying to end me ?

.
.
.

   I open my eyes slowly, as the sun was already burning high in the sky. My head aches a bit, as I look at my surroundings. Was I here yesterday ? I don't think so, I don't remember there was a river near.

Demon Slayer [One Shots]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara