Forty - two / Yakuza sword

Start from the beginning

"Santi? He mediated the deal between me and the Moroccans. I never liked him but the deal was twenty-five million euros, clean money. It was a damn good one."

"It was. By the way, Moroccans have the shipment and the fucking Mexicans have their money back already. At least this is a closed deal."

"How about this one? What's his story?" I ask motioning my head to the wooden box and leaning leisurely against the backrest of the leather armchair.

"Michelle Parma is the son of Roberto Santi, half-brother of Ben and also... half-brother of Mia," he says and that came nothing short of a nine-degree earthquake shock to me.

"Mia's half-brother?! What the fuck? He intended to marry her!"

"He intended to kill her, most probably after killing the rest of us. You see, Santi had a relationship with Mia's biological mother and they had Michelle before Mia was born. I never understood that woman. Santi was insanely in love with her and he never got over the fact that Gloria preferred me over him. She could have had such a beautiful life with him but instead, she chose drugs and alcohol in exchange for her daughter and a peaceful life. I never liked her."

"And yet, fuck, you decided to have a kid together. A kid that, by the way, all I want to know about is where she is, that's all," I insist fearing he only tries to divert my attention and I stretch an arm to reach the wooden box closing the cover to metaphorically give him a hit that I don't give a fuck on anything else but finding my Mia.

"You will find her when she wants to be found. And I'll make sure of that," he replies standing up and grabbing his suit jacket at the same time with Charles coming in.

"Good luck, kid. If our roads should cross again and you decide to still take your revenge... I've sent my sword for sharpening. I won't go down easily... or alone," he speaks before exiting the door. "Ciao, Don Raffa," he continues and leaves waiting for no reply.

Not that I have one. If before I felt torn between the legacy of my father and the growing love for Mia, today I'm more convinced than ever that revenge won't feed my heart while Mia is my healing of any kind of pain.

Most probably I need her more than she needs me. Probably I love her more than she loves me, but I will never stop showing her what I feel.

I'm not losing her. Never!

"So?" I ask Charles when we are finally alone, filling myself a glass and another one for him.

"Italy, South Sicily. She is with Benito's elder sister," he replies while taking the glass.

I knew he could find Mia before her father left my house.

"That was easy. Actually, too easy. And by the way, I know Benito, he is the best in hiding and covering any trace he leaves behind," I speak more to myself, getting into Benito's skin and thinking... if want nobody to find me, especially someone like me, how do I do it?!

"Shall I have the jet ready?" Charles asks while my brain is still trying to get into Benito's mind and find his plan.

"No. Not yet. But listen..." I tell him becoming suddenly very focused on him, throwing the lady of the booze down my throat, satisfied that I have finally figured it out. "Benito will move them often and most probably when least expected. Tell your men to be watching every second of the day," I order.

"Already done that, Don Raffa. But I still believe we should move to Napoli. Benito knows you'll not give up on searching for Miss Mia, even if we leave from here now or we leave later. Besides, businesses need you back home and Miss Tiffany..." he tries to bring me back to reality, and by spelling her name, he has my undivided attention.