Fourteen / She's here

The moment we finished the unexpectedly ravishing meeting with her at the gala night, the airport was our next destination

The moment we finished the unexpectedly ravishing meeting with her at the gala night, the airport was our next destination. We were to take off in no more than two hours.

We were already on the flight and I still couldn't recollect after that moment when I felt heart-stabbed with the most beautiful amber eyes I'd ever seen, landing straight on me as if she knew I intentionally hid in the darkest corner and she decided to show me that no matter how much of gangster guy you were, there would always be that one person to become the weak spot of your entire imperium, mind, and power, and if that spot, the sweetest of all, ever disappears your entire world is gone and yourself done deal with.

How did I know that? I didn't. Never had such a weak spot before. Until she walked through that door and filled the room with the scent of her sweet-bitter perfume and my chest with a void that I hardly managed to overcome.

Everything disappeared around us from that one first looks. Time, space, gravity, and any known and unknown law of physics stopped existing when she looked at me. And smiled. She had no idea she smiled and I struggled with every fiber in me not to smile back.

Not yet.

The longer it took to have her answer the proposal, the more anxious I became, and had to stop myself a few good times from asking Fabio to call her.

In fact, I spoke nothing from the moment she exited the conference room till we arrived on the flight because if I did nothing good would come out of my mouth.

I was stressed, and unsettled. Seeing her in some damn pictures was one thing, absolutely mesmerizing, don't even go to debate it.

But in person, breathing the same air with me, between the same walls and under the same roof she was a whole different kind of magic.

One could never take his eyes off her once she was in his vision, could not think straight or even understand if he was still alive or had left this world.

And I was no different.

Beyond the fucking sharp noise in my ears, I could hear the entire discussion and I couldn't understand how Fabio was so optimistic about it because... we should have insisted on a reply on the spot. We should have forced for a reply on the spot.

I'm not happy! I'm not happy, alright? I shouldn't go back home empty-handed, but Fabio...

Before I can go through with my thoughts, I hear Fabio's phone buzzing and snap my head towards him giving him a deadly stare which I hope will teach him a lesson.

"Yeah," he replies ignoring me completely then curls a corner of his lips showing off a great deal of contentment. "Perfect!" he continues and hangs up, shoving the phone into the inside pocket of his jacket.

Instead of violence and curses, I choose to keep quiet and wait till this little motherfucker kid decides to speak. Happily, the waiting is short.

"We'll, seems you have your little writer slash architect in the palm of your hand."