Sixteen / My first

Whoever the fuck they are, I know it's me they want

        Whoever the fuck they are, I know it's me they want. In fact, I'm happy not being in the same car with Emillia and I have the chance to pull them away from her.

I can see with the corner of my eye that showing up just next to them and pretending I don't know what they're up to raise their interest in me and I see them in the rear mirror changing lanes, driving close to the back of my car.

I got them!

Without signaling, I pull the steering wheel to the right and part my way with Fabio's car while hanging up the call with him and his whining plea to stay away.

The black SUV follows me to the right and that's when I push the speed paddle to the floor, ejecting faster than an F-16.

As expected, they're keeping close to me and I have to admit that this must be a damn good driver. I don't find every day a driver to match my skills, mostly because driving is the incentive I need to sharpen my thoughts.

I grab the cigar with my teeth and the steering wheel with both hands, driving toward the old city of Nice and hoping I can get lost on its narrow streets but the motherfucker manages to align with me, forcing me to take the way outside the city throw the only exit to the city belt I can see around.

Luckily I manage to take the exit without being smashed into a wall and that makes me realize I haven't fastened my seatbelt.

I pull it quickly and lock it to my right side, speeding faster and trying to lose the car behind.

Fabio keeps calling, again and again, and that tells me he'll do something stupid. He can find me on GPS. I always activate the GPS when I drive alone.

I have a hunch he'll come after me but I wish so much he wouldn't. I need him to keep his eyes on Emillia.

I connect the phone to the car's audio system and finally pick up one of his tenths of calls, grabbing the steering wheel tighter.

"How many guns do you have with you?" he asks breathing heavily.

"Not enough, damn it!" I say realizing just now that I only have my pistol in this car.

"Cazzo!" he curses. (Fuck). "Listen, try to stay away from them until I get there. I'm on my way and I'm not alone. Just try to..."

"Why the fuck did you leave Emillia alone?!" I rumble completely ignoring his worries for me.

"Not the time, Raffa! Not the fucking time to play smart on me! You know I don't have enough logistics here to keep everybody safe!"

Curses roll between clenched teeth and I grab the wheel stronger deciding it's about time I lose these motherfuckers behind me and get to Emillia fast.

Grabbing tightly the steering wheel, I pull it to the left, making my car exit the highway by crossing the opposite lane and forcing the car behind to do the same but with no chance to avoid the truck coming from the opposite side, the one that I have just missed only by a millimeter but losing control of my car.