☪︎𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 1☪︎

(Yo. I'm just going to say this now so I don't get a whole bunch of comments on it. But Ben is 23. He's usually portrayed as an adult anyway. Idk why people insist on still hating on stories because they don't agree on something. Plus, I do believe that as time continues, the characters age. So please, no hate (:. He is literally a fictional character you and i can portray him as we want lol.)

"Talking"
'Thinking'
_________________________________________

Your: POV

Yawning, I listen to my mom rant about how I'm going to make friends and how it'll be fun.. I resist the urge to roll my eyes. Instead, I blankly look at her, waiting for this one-sided conversation to end. After a few moments, she sighs, pausing for a moment. Her eyes fill with a mixture of worry and a bit of disappointment. Biting my lip, I cross my arms over each other, glancing away, making her eyebrows knit together, causing her forehead to wrinkle slightly. "Y/n. I know you're worried. Whatever this.. disease is I'm sure it will get figured out. Everything will be fine." She pauses for a moment, running her hand through her hair. "I'm sure they'll find a vaccine, and everything will be fine.." She anxiously whispers, her head hangs low, staring at the wooden table.

I slowly nodded. we sat in silence for a few moments. The air was hot and humid around me, making me shuffle around in my chair. "Mom. I need to leave soon.. The bus will be at the bus stop soon.. then I'll be gone for three months, right?" I softly say tightly, gripping my fingers around my edge of my seat of a moment. She nervously smiles and stands up. "Give me a hug before you go." She demanded while smiling cheekily. I can't help but largely smile back and pull myself out of my chair.

I slowly walk over to my mom, feeling slightly sluggish from sitting down for such a long time. Wrapping my arms around my mom, I hum as I rest my head, taking in her perfume. Her body feels warm against mine, making me hug her tighter while gently giggling. I can hear her soft heartbeat as I lay my ear against her chest. Sighing, I pull away. I nervously smile, not very confident about where I'm going. She smiles back, her lips trembling as he stares down at me.

"Stop worrying over everything, Y/n. You'll find friends. I know there's this girl in your class.. she is popular and she's super nice!" She said, trying to fake a happy and excited tone. It only made her sound untrustworthy. "Umm.. right. I know her.. Bye, mom. Love you." I mumble, feeling a little upset with her mentioning her.. Shaking my head, I walk over to the door and pull off a big hoodie off of the coat hanger. Pulling it over my head and pulling my arms through the sleeves, I sigh as the warmth of the fabric envelopes me. Glancing behind me, I can see my mom anxiously watching me. 'What's wrong with her?' Shaking my worry off I grab my bag that's been sitting by the door for few hours. Swinging the strap over my shoulder, I glanced over at my mom one last time. She gulps and forces a smiles she looks like she's holding tears back. "Be safe, Y/n.. I love you." She says her voice is filled with guilt. I raise my eyebrows, confusion obviously showing on my face.

"I love you too.." I softly say she nods rapidly and then starts to walk away towards the kitchen. Shrugging I walking out of the house, I close the door behind me and huff at the chilled hair that softly blows past my cheeks. My steps are heavy against the concrete side walk as I make my ways towards the bus stop. 'What is wrong with my mom? She's acting like something horrible is going to happen..' Looking down at my feet, I watch as my legs move as I walk. Shaking my head, I sigh, letting my shoulders slightly slump down. 'I don't know if I should feel mad at my mom or not.. I don't want to go on this trip at all. It sounds untasteful to me. Don't get me wrong, I love the woods.. it's just being there with no one I know as a friend will suck.. I tried to get one of my friends to come, but they said their family wants them to stay home because of the deadly virus that's been spreading..'