023

Chapter twenty three The TheaterKai's POV:When we got to the theater, Sam told her boyfriend he needed to stay outside

The Theater
Kai's POV:
When we got to the theater, Sam told her boyfriend he needed to stay outside. "You're not Woodsboro. Just stay here." Sam told him. Danny nodded at her and then looked at me. "No." Iz said as she grabbed my arm. Sam sighed and said "Iz, she's not Woodsboro." Chad shrugged and said "I mean, she'd be safer with us." "Sam, please don't make her stay out here." Kirby stood off to the side and Sam didn't say anything as she nodded at her cousin. Tara gave her a half smile and then looked at Chad. "Where's Lacey and Mindy?" Chad looked at his phone and said "Mindy and them had to catch the next train. They'll be here soon. They're like fifteen minutes behind us." "Are you sure?" I asked. Chad looked up to look at me. "Yeah. See?" He showed me him and Mindy's text messages. I nodded and we all went into the theater. As Kirby locked it up, my stomach began to fill with worry. I pulled out my phone and quickly texted my best friend, telling her to hurry. I knew Ethan would keep her safe but then what if he was Ghostface? Lacey loved him and I know that it would break her if it was revealed that he was Ghostface. Kirby went upstairs to make sure nobody was in there. Sam had wandered off as did Tara and Chad. I sat down next to Iz who seemed unbelievably stressed. "Hey, we made it this far." I said. Iz half smiled and said "will we make it farther?" I nodded and said "of course. Iz, Ghostface is just a guy in a mask. He's like you and me. He's not unkillable like Michael Myers. If he tries to hurt you, I'll kick his ass. I won't let him hurt you. You know that, right?" Iz nodded and said "I do. I'm just scared. So much has happened. I want this evil to be away from my family. It isn't fair. We don't deserve it." I nodded in agreement with her and went to reply when I heard a bang. Iz jumped and I looked around. It sounded like a door being opened. Forced open. Like someone ran through the door and opened it really fast. "What was that?" Iz said. I shook my head and said "I don't know." Some banging was heard and then Chad and Tara ran into the room. My eyes widened as Ghostface was hot on their tails. "Tara!" Sam said. Chad was quick to block Tara from getting stabbed as he distracted Ghostface. Ghostface swung at Chad who ducked, decapitating one of the mannequins. "Beheadings!" Chad said. Tara threw things at Ghostface and Sam was pulling her away. Iz threw a heavy prop towards the masked killer, a groan coming from him. "Tara! Come on!" Sam said as she pulled her sister out of the room. Chad picked up the video camera in the room, swinging it and hitting Ghostface in the face. "Smile for the camera, motherfucker!" Chad yelled as Ghostface was knocked onto his back. I grabbed Iz's hand and the two of us began to run, Chad behind us. Tara kept looking over her shoulder to make sure the Meeks-Martin twin was following us. "Keep going!" Chad said. Iz pulled me out of the way and behind a wall as chad ran into the room. He was tackled by Ghostface and he was quick to get back up. Chad grabbed a jar on the counter and slammed it onto the killer's head. It seemed that he was down for now. "Chad..." Tara said. He exhaled and another Ghostface rushed into the room, stabbing Chad. He yelled out and the Ghostface on the ground got up, stabbing him as well. My eyes widened as they stabbed him in the chest and stomach over and over again. "Chad!" Tara screamed. Sam held her back as we watched our friend die in front of us. "Run." Chad said. Tara sobbed and Iz covered her mouth in shock. The two killer's turned to us as Chad fell over. They both swiped the blood off their knives and Sam shoved Tara out of the room. I watched one of them gesture to a room off to the side. The taller one nodded and headed that way as the shorter one came towards Iz and I. "Go, Iz!" The four of us now stood in the main theater room. The screen behind was alive with something I had never seen before. Some short film or YouTube video played on the screen. Tara and Sam picked up random things in the room to use as weapons. Iz and I quickly did the same. The Ghostface that has followed us swung their knife tauntingly. The second Ghostface carried someone into the room. Tara yelled out in shock as Ghostface set Lacey on the ground in front of us. I dropped to my knees and said "Lacey. Lacey." I shook her and she laid unconscious. Tears filled my eyes as I looked at my best friend. "She's not dead." The chilling voice changer entered the air. Iz held a brick like Tara had and I hooked my arms under Lacey's, pulling her away from the Ghostface's. The one that had carried her stepped forward. "We know it's you!" Sam yelled at Kirby. Kirby has blood coming from her head and Detective Bailey now aimed his gun at Kirby. "What?! Sam it's him! I got knocked out!" Kirby tried to defend herself. I didn't care who was who. Iz stood behind me protectively as I held Lacey in my arms. All I cared about was her and Iz. "Lacey." I said. My best friend's chest fell and rose slowly and I could feel the state of Ghostface on me. Detective Bailey then shot Kirby and Tara gasped. "You?!" Bailey shrugged and said "yeah, it's me." The two Ghostface's stood next to him. Bailey looked at each of them and his smirk that was appearing on his face was devilish. Sam looked as if she was trying to figure out who Ghostface could be. "Mindy?" She said. The shorter Ghostface took off their mask. Quinn. Quinn never fucking died. "Hey, roomies." She said while smiling. Tara shook her head and said "you died." "Did I? Are you sure?" Quinn quipped. "All I had to do was switch her body with a fake one. It was so easy!" Bailey boasted. Lacey slowly came to, her eyes landing on me. "Kai?" She whispered. I nodded and said "it's me." Lacey tried to sit up and her eyes landed on the Ghostface that hadn't revealed themselves yet. A strangled sob left her lips and I furrowed my eyebrows. Ghostface then revealed himself. It was Ethan. Fucking Ethan. My gut always told me it was him and I didn't want to believe it. Mindy was right. I was right. I failed Lacey. The hurt and betrayal in her eyes was so awful to look at. Ethan grinned as he revealed himself. "This was your grandmother's, Sam. Nancy Loomis. Really runs in the fucking family, doesn't it?" He spat. Quinn giggled and said "I got Stu Macher's mask." Sam shook her head and said "w-why?" "She's asking why." Ethan said as he laughed. Quinn continued to swing her knife tauntingly, going to reach for Lacey. Ethan beat her to it which earned a huff from his sister. Lacey pushed her boyfriend away from her. Confusion etched onto Ethan's face and he was quick to mask it as his father made eye contact with him. Ethan looked at Tara and said "god, it's going to be so nice to kill you. I've been fucking feening for it." Bailey stopped Ethan and Quinn and said "before we do anything, they have to know why this is happening. We can't just leave them in the dark." Lacey could barely stand on her feet as her eyes stayed locked with her boyfriend's. I'd never seen her so hurt. I was starting to wonder how we were going to get out of this. If we were going to get out of this. The odds weren't in our favor at the moment.

Here's the update!! I don't want everything to be in one last chapter so there will probably be a couple of chapters left and this book will be coming to an end!! But there'll be a double update with this chapter so make sure you read the next one!
~skylar🔪🖤🔪🖤