06

Chapter six Chad's Infamous PartyLacey's POV:"Shit! Shit! Shit!" I was currently rushing my way to class

Chapter six
Chad's Infamous Party
Lacey's POV:
"Shit! Shit! Shit!" I was currently rushing my way to class. I had woken up late but for the first time in about a week I had gotten a good night's sleep. I turned the corner quickly, running for the door. I quietly walked into my classroom, hoping there weren't too many eyes on me. I sat down and sighed softly. "You're late." Kurt whispered. "I know." I replied. English was my first class so it wasn't anything too challenging. This class woke me up a bit and I was slowly coming to. I had fallen asleep pretty hard the night before. "Who's jacket is that?" Kurt said as class ended. I realized I had thrown Ethan's jacket on. I immediately felt bad as it was chilly this morning. "My friend's. Nobody important." I quickly lied. "It kinda looks like Ethan Landry's." I gulped and said "does it matter?" "No. Was just curious. Are you two together?" "No. And why do you care, Kurt?" "Just being curious, Lacey." I left him and walked to my next class. "Oh my god, you're wearing Ethan's jacket!" Tara said in a hushed tone. I shushed her and she said "that's so cute!" "It doesn't mean anything. He gave it to me last night. It was cold." "Gosh, it looks so cute on you!" I shook my head and said "thanks. I guess." "So, was he really sick yesterday?" I nodded, covering up the fact that Ethan was basically stressed and that's why he left. "Yeah. I made sure he was ok but then I wanted him to walk me back to my dorm." "I'm sure he'll kiss you soon. Maybe at Chad's party?" "He doesn't like me, Tara." "He does! Lace, I've never been so sure of anything in my life. Ethan is in love with you." I didn't respond to her as class started. The more I thought about it the more it didn't make sense. Ethan was always so happy and smiley with Tara. He told her jokes and she always laughed so hard. They even were physical. I also had a feeling I wouldn't stand a chance against Tara. Lots of guys liked her. I always heard them talking about her. I pushed the thoughts in the back of my mind as I started doing the art assignment.

-

"Hey." Ethan said. I looked over at him and said "hey." "Seems like this keeping you warm, huh?" He tugged at the jacket on my body. "You can have it back." I started to take it off and Ethan stopped me, putting his hands on my shoulders. "No, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that. I was teasing. Plus, I know you need it." I pulled the jacket closer to my body and Ethan's hands trailed down my arms before going back to his sides. "So, the party." Ethan began. I nodded and said "yeah?" "Let's go together. We can walk together...if you want?" "Are you suggesting or are you asking me?" I said. Ethan chuckled as his cheeks turned pink. "I'm asking you." I smiled and said "ok. Let's walk together." Ethan smiled really big and said "cool. Have you thought about what you're going to go as for the Halloween party?" "Ethan, you're thinking way too far ahead. I have no idea." Ethan nodded in agreement and said "same here. I probably won't even dress up." "What? You have to! It's a Halloween party!" I patted his chest and and he shook his head. "Please, Eth? We can dress up together!" Ethan smiled sheepishly and said "I dunno, Spacey." "Please? Pretty please, Eth?" I batted my eyelashes and Ethan couldn't hold back the smile that was stretching across his face. "Sure. We can." I jumped up and down while holding his hand in mine. Ethan laughed and said "are you gonna be cute or scary?" "Cute, duh!" I said. Ethan giggled and he said "do you wanna ditch?" I bit my lip and said "I don't know." "Come on, Spacey. One day of missed class won't kill you. I know this really good cafe up the street. Let's go." I shrugged and said "I don't know." "Please, Lace. They have really good cookies. And cake. I know you like that stuff." Ethan gave me puppy dog eyes and I couldn't resist him. I honestly was dying to go hang out with him outside of school. I nodded quickly and said "ok. Let's go." "Awesome!" Ethan cheered. He grabbed my hand and we weaved through the crowd of students. I winced as a jock practically ran me over. "Ethan." I called out. He looked over his shoulder just as another jock did the same thing. These hallways were honestly so full and so constricting, I don't know how it could hold this many students at once and it was Friday so everyone was rushing around to finish up their classes. Ethan pulled me up to where he stood. "You ok?" I wrapped my arms around his middle as we made it out of the building. I buried my face into his chest and he said "Spacey, you ok?" "Yeah. The jocks are just being assholes. Running me over." "I'll protect you." I seemed to cling to Ethan as we walked away from the building. "They didn't hurt you, did they?" I shook my head and said "they just bumped into me. I'll live, Eth." "Making sure, Spacey." I didn't want to pull away from him as we walked. "The cafe isn't far right?" I asked. "No. It's a block and a half." Once we arrived and got inside, it was the cutest little place. I gasped and said "it's so nice. And it's so cute!" Ethan pulled away from me and I frowned from the loss of contact. "I knew you'd like it. So, what do you want? It's on me." I quickly shook my head and said "no. I can't ask you to do that." "I insist." "Ethan, don't. I can pay my way." I protested. Ethan put his hands on my shoulders and said "Lace, I want to. I want to do something nice for you." I nodded at him and told him I wanted a coffee with a slice of chocolate cake. Ethan ordered it and got himself a coffee with a slice of pumpkin pie. "Darn. I should've gotten pumpkin pie." I said. Ethan chuckled and said "you can get it next time." The two of us looked for a place to sit, Ethan sitting next to me instead of across from me. "So, do you wanna meet up at your's before the party?" I asked. Ethan made a face as if he was thinking about it. "Uhm, yeah. Chad might go ahead so it'll just be me. At the dorm. Is that ok?" "Yeah, that's fine Eth. We've been alone together before. And I'd just be meeting you so we can walk to the party. Do you know where it is?" "It's at this uhm, really big frat house. I heard there's going to be lots of alcohol. I mean, you know Chad. I'm sure you'll be able to make any drink with the amount of alcohol he's going to have." I took a bite out of my chocolate cake and nodded in agreement. "Chad can be a bit much with the alcohol." I chuckled. Ethan sipped on his coffee and said "yeah he's a drinker. Are you going to get wasted tonight?" "Maybe." I shrugged. Ethan nudged me playfully and I said "you should. You'll have a blast I'm sure." "One of us should stay level headed." "No, Eth let's just have a blast. Let's get drunk together." "I'll watch out for you if you watch out for me." Ethan said as he leaned his head on my shoulder. I patted his head, my fingers slightly running through his curls. "Of course." I said. Ethan pinched my side and I jumped. "Don't!" I giggled. Ethan nuzzled his head against me and I poked his side. "Ah, Lacey." He groaned as he sat up quickly. "Oh, so it's ok for you to do it to me but when I do it to you it's not?" I quipped. Ethan feigned pain and said "you gutted me." "I didn't gut you." I put my finger on his stomach, poking lightly. "This is what gutting you would feel like." Ethan was quick to grab my hand and he put his hand on my stomach. "And this is me gutting you." Ethan said, his voice dropping an octave. My lips parted and Ethan tickled me. "Don't! Ethan, please!" He laughed and let go of me as I pushed his hand off. "You're mean." I pouted. "Not as mean as you." Ethan retorted.