012

Chapter twelve A Call From GhostfaceLacey's POV:"Hello?" "Hello, Lacey

Chapter twelve
A Call From Ghostface
Lacey's POV:
"Hello?" "Hello, Lacey." I furrowed my eyebrows as Ghostface's voice came through my phone. I didn't even read who the caller was before answering my phone. I had my headphones in and just answered it from there. I figured it was Ethan pranking me since he'd done it the other night. "Ethan, that's real cute. If Sam and Tara see you doing this they're going to kick your ass." "What Sam and Tara don't know won't kill them." I chuckled and said "sure. I guess. Am I going to see you today? I know classes have been tough and it's been a couple of days since movie night." "Of course you'll see me. When I'm gutting you like a fish." I gasped softly and said "Ethan, that's not funny." "What if I told you, I wasn't Ethan?" My eyes widened and I shook my head. "Ethan, stop." "I'm not Ethan. Now, am I in your dorm or am I in your boyfriend's?" My eyes widened and I said "you're in mine. You have to be." I went to check if the door was locked, it was. "Wrong. I'm in your boyfriend's. He looks kind of cute today." "Don't hurt him! Please!" I yelled. Ghostface chuckled and said "why not? You're safer than he is. Or would you rather take his place?" "Don't hurt Ethan. P-Please." "Should I carve you up instead? Sounds more fun to me." I looked around and said "sure. Just don't hurt Ethan." "That's brave. I've never had someone try to sacrifice themselves for their boyfriend. You must really like this kid." "I do. He makes me happy." "Lacey, don't you think you could do better? Ethan's dad doesn't even like you and he's never met you." "How do you know that?" I snapped. Ghostface chuckled and said "I know everything about your little friend group, Lacey. Ethan's getting ready to leave so maybe I'll just make my way to yours. You said you'd take his place." "I-I would." "You don't sound too sure." "I would! I would!" I quickly said, wanting nothing to happen to Ethan. "Eh, it'd be more fun to kill him and watch you crumble." Ghostface then hung up. "No!" I ripped the headphones out of my ear and immediately went to call Ethan. The phone rang a couple of times before he answered. "Hey, baby." He said happily. I shuddered and said "Ethan, he called me." "What? Who?" "Ghostface! He said he was going to kill you! Ethan, where are you?" "I was on my way to grab some food. I was gonna bring it over. Wait, you said Ghostface called you?" "Yes! Ethan, go back with Chad." "Chad's out, babe." "Oh my god. Ethan." "Lacey, hey, I'm on my way. I'll stay with a lot of people. He can't kill me in broad daylight." "But he can, Eth! He said he would!" "Lacey, I'm almost to your dorm. Just stay inside. I'll be there in five." He hung up and I immediately called Kai. "Bestie, what's-" "Ghostface called me!" I blurted. "What do you mean Ghostface called you?" Kai asked. Tears pricked at my eyes and I said "he said he was going to kill Ethan. Ethan's on his way but oh my god." "I'm at Iz's but I'm on my way. Stay there. And let me know if Ethan gets there." "S-Stay on the phone with me, Kai." "Ok. I'm just down the street." "I know." "He said he was going to kill Ethan and not you? Doesn't make sense." "I offered him to kill me but he wanted to kill Ethan." I put my phone on speaker and quickly sent a text to Ethan that I was leaving the door unlocked for him. I rushed into my bedroom. "He was gonna kill Ethan in the middle of the day?" Kai said. "I guess. I don't know." I replied. I sat on my bed, wishing Ethan and Kai would get here. "I wonder if he's called anyone else or if he's just messing with you." I sighed and said "I don't know. But, it scared me." I felt a hand on my shoulder and let out a scream. "Lacey!" Kai said. I turned around to be met with the worried face of my boyfriend. "Lace, it's me." He said, his eyes scanning over my face. "Lacey?!" "It's just Ethan. It's Ethan." I said. "Ok, I'm hanging up and I'll be there soon." Kai said as the call ended. Small tears pricked my eyes and Ethan pulled me in for a hug. I held handfuls of the blue hoodie that always seemed to adorn his body. "Ethan, he called!" I sobbed. Ethan held me tightly and rubbed my back. "Hey, it's ok. I'm here. It was a stupid phone call, ok? I'm right here. Look at me." I buried my face into his chest and Ethan made me look up at him, cupping my cheek. "Lacey, look at me." I sniffled and he said "it's ok. I'm right here, baby. You're ok. I'm ok." I nodded and held his hand to my cheek. Ethan kissed my forehead and said "I'm gonna grab you some tissues." "N-No. Don't go." Ethan frowned and said "here, just hold my arm and come with me, ok?" I nodded and hung onto him as I followed him into the bathroom. I wiped my face and my nose, making sure I didn't have anything gross on my face. "Lacey?" Kai called out. "In here." Ethan said. Kai rushed over and said "oh my god." Ethan rubbed my back and said "I got her calmed down a little bit. She's uh..." Ethan's lips parted and I said "w-what?" "You're trembling, babe." Kai went to give me a hug and said "did he call you?" Ethan shook his head and said "no. I didn't think he'd ever want to call me. Or Lace." "Well, he's obviously going to fuck with us because we're associated with Sam and Tara. And the twins." I was quiet for a minute or so as they spoke. We went to the living room and I fiddled with Ethan's jacket sleeve. I eventually grabbed his hand and played with it. I noticed how much bigger his hand was than mine. Ethan brought my hand up to his lips, kissing it. I half smiled and Kai asked Ethan where he was today. "I went to class, stopped by my dorm for a shower and then was going to bring some food to Lacey." Ethan scoffed. Kai shrugged and said "had to make sure you didn't call her." "I thought it was you." I said. Ethan looked at me and said "what?" "That other night when you scared me. When we watched Friday the 13th. I figured you were pranking me. Until Ghostface said he was going to gut me and kill you." Ethan hugged me and said "I'd never do that." "Yeah, I figured that out pretty quickly." I replied as I wrapped my arms around him. My phone buzzed and I pulled it out of my pocket. "I forgot I texted Tara." I said. Ethan kissed my head and said "I guess it's better if everyone knows." Kai nodded in agreement and said "I'm sure Sam is going to freak out and give a huge speech." "Maybe someone else got a call. We don't know." Ethan said with a shrug. I leaned into Ethan's touch and sighed. "I'm right here, babe. I'm right here."