018

Chapter eighteen Ghostface Strikes BackLacey's POV:Jenny screamed as Ghostface came crashing through the window

Chapter eighteen
Ghostface Strikes Back
Lacey's POV:
Jenny screamed as Ghostface came crashing through the window. "Oh my god!" Kurt said as he shoved me away from the couch. I landed on the ground and watched Ghostface come into the apartment. I backed away from the couch and watched Ghostface tackle Kurt. Kurt wasn't going to go down without a fight. He punched at Ghostface's shoulder and head, trying to knock him down. "Lacey!" Jenny grabbed her hand and pulled her into Jenny's bedroom. "Fucker!" Kurt was pushed into the bookshelf as Jenny closed the door. "My phone! It's in the living room!" Jenny said as tears filled her eyes. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and went to dial the police but Ethan's name flashed across my screen. I answered it and said "Eth, I need your help!" "Is that Ethan?! Call the cops!" Jenny yelled. "Lace, what's wrong? Are you ok?" Ethan's voice was full of worry. Kurt's screams entered the air and Jenny gasped. "It's Ghostface. He's here." Ethan's breath hitched and he said "I'm on my way. Call the cops as well but I'm coming. Stay away from him, Lacey." A bang on the door signaled Ghostface was trying to break into the bedroom. "Ok. Please hurry, Ethan. Please." I begged as sobs escaped my lips. I hung up the phone and Jenny was trying to barricade the door and figure out a plan. Ghostface swung his knife around as he could only fit his arm through. Jenny looked to her window and pulled me over towards it. "We need to get into your bedroom. Can you do it?" I nodded at her and then said "you go first." Jenny shook her head and said "no. You go. I'll hold him off if I need to." Jenny opened her window and I looked at the very tiny ledge, climbing out onto it. I slowly shimmied her way over to her bedroom, the bangs from the door getting louder. I opened her window, desperately trying not to fall. I looked over at Jenny who was climbing out of the window. Jenny looked at me and said "go!" Ghostface grabbed Jenny and pulled her back into her bedroom. She screamed as she tried to get away. "Jenny!" I said. Her screams along with stabbing sounds entered the air. I quickly closed my window and locked it. Tears streamed down my face as I realized that Jenny was probably dead. I quietly locked the door and tried to barricade it. Just as I went to grab a chair, Ghostface pounded on the door. I jumped at the banging and he was quick to get in the room with me. "Lacey!" Ethan yelled. My eyes widened and went to rush over to him, getting stabbed in the side. Ghostface twisted the knife in my side. I yelped in pain and tried to rush over to the doe eyed boy in front of me. He reached for me, pulling me out of the way. I felt the knife leave my side, blood going all over the floor. Ethan tried to put pressure on my side but Ghostface was already bringing the knife back towards me, trying to stab me in the back. Ethan was quick to shield me from the knife making it's way towards my back. Ethan turned around, the knife coming down on Ethan's back. My eyes widened and I gasped. "Ethan!" Ethan shook his head and said "Lacey, run!" "I can't!" I said. "Go!" He shoved me roughly and I sobbed as I left Ethan there. I stumbled onto the floor and desperately made it to my feet. I panted and continued to sob, wanting nothing more than to get away. I ran out into the hallway, running into Chad. "Lacey, what's-" "Ghostface! He's with Ethan!" "What?!" Chad said as he rushed towards the apartment. "Chad, no!" I watched him run inside and I whispered. "Chad, please." I said softly. I wiped my face and slowly approached the apartment. I peeked around the doorway to see Chad holding Ethan. "Ethan.." Ethan looked up at me while holding his arm. Chad looked around the apartment and said "oh fuck." I slowly made my way inside, sirens entering the air. "Ethan." Ethan gulped and said "I'm ok." Chad was staring ahead of us and I looked over to see Kurt laying in the hallway. "Jenny." I said as I stood up. "Lacey, don't!" Ethan warned. My feet carried me to Jenny's bedroom and I saw her laying in a pool of her own blood. My lip quivered and I said "Jenny!" I felt someone pulling on me and I shook my head. "She's gone, Lace. She's gone." Chad said. The paramedics were rushing in. I looked to the ground in the hallway to see Kurt laying there. He was barely alive, choking on his own blood. He gasped for air and Chad said "fuck." I cried and was then handed off to the paramedics for my side. I stared blankly as my side was being bandaged. I sat in an ambulance outside of my apartment building. Ethan was in the one adjacent from me. "I need to get by." I could hear the voice of Kai. "Get out of the way." Tara said. I knew the both of them were making their way towards me. "Move!" Tara yelled as she pushed a group of people out of her way. "Bitch." Someone mumbled. "Fuck you!" Tara replied. Kai rushed over to me and said "oh my god, Lace." "What happened?" Tara said. I shook my head and said "he came. I only survived because.." My eyes went to Ethan. Tara and Kai looked over at him and Tara said "did he save you?" I nodded. Kurt and Jenny's bodies were being rolled out, hidden by the body bags. "Jenny?" Tara said. "Mmm-hmm." I hummed. Kai said "shit. Kurt too?" "They're gone." I looked down and Tara hugged me, along with Kai. "We're going to spend the night at Chad's. He's pretty adamant about it. Kirby will have something figured out in the morning. Since today's plan was kind of a bust." Mindy's voice said. Tara pulled away from me, Kai doing the same. Mindy threw her arms around me and I was shocked a bit. I slowly hugged her back and Mindy said "I thought he got you." I squeezed her and said "he almost did." Mindy looked at my now bandaged side and said "maybe we'll have matching scars." I half smiled and Tara said "I'm so glad you're ok." "Me too. We were going to meet up with you guys once Ethan got back. Jenny called me and wanted me to come back to the apartment so Ethan and I headed over. But, he left his phone so he went back to get it and Ghostface showed up. Then Ethan ended up getting hurt. It's all my fault. I should've never called him." Chad walked over and said "hey, Ethan's fine. It's not your fault." Ethan stood next to him and said "that's not your fault, Spacey. I didn't want him to get you again. It looks like he did." I stood up and wobbled on my feet a bit. Ethan was quick to hold me up and give me a hug. I held him tightly and Mindy said "let's go. Before Gale shows up." Iz looked around at the scene and said "I hate every minute of this." Tara looked up at the building and said "do you have fresh clothes?" I shook my head and Ethan said "I'll go grab you some." He went to walk away. "N-No." I said as I grabbed his arm. "Hey, I'll be right back. You can't stay in those bloody clothes. Stay here with Chad." Chad put his arm around me and I watched Kai go with Ethan. I leaned my head on Chad's shoulder and he said "you're ok, Lace. Ethan and I won't let him hurt you again." I looked up at Chad who gave me a half smile. "Promise?" I whispered. Chad nodded and said "I promise." Tara inched her way over and attached herself to me. She held my arm and leaned her head on my shoulder. I was quick to wrap my arm around her, pulling her closer to me. "We'll stay at Chad's. It'll be safe. We'll make sure." Sam said to the group. Mindy nodded and said "yeah. We can do that."