03

Chapter three Hungover Apologies Lacey's POV:I groaned as my phone rang

Chapter three
Hungover Apologies
Lacey's POV:
I groaned as my phone rang. It seemed to ring extra loud. I grabbed it, putting it up to my ear. "Hello?" I asked groggily. "Lacey?" A female voice said. I didn't recognize the voice and said "who's this?" "Sorry. I'm Quinn. Quinn Bailey. I share a dorm with Tara. She wanted me to call you. She's sobering up." "Oh. Well just have her call me later." I hung up the phone and sighed deeply, burying my face into my pillow. I got a text message and let out a yell of frustration. I looked at my phone and saw a familiar name on my screen. Ethan.

Can we talk? I'm so fucking sorry about last night

I didn't answer him right away and laid on my back. I wasn't mad about last night I just wanted to deal with it later. I'd feel better as the day went on and would deal with it then.

-

I ended up waking up later since I didn't have class. I took a shower and just laid around in my room for the majority of the day. A knock on my bedroom door made me look up. Anika walked in with Kai. "Feeling better?" Kai said. I nodded and said "I'm not really hungover. I'm just tired." "Have you talked to them?" Anika asked. I shook my head. "No. I don't want to deal with that right now. It'll pass, won't it?" "Tara feels like shit and Chad said Ethan can't stop pacing. You need to talk to them." Anika told me. A knock on the front door made Anika look over her shoulder. She then stood up and went to the door to answer it. "What happened between you and Ethan?" Kai said. I opened my mouth to speak when Ethan walked into the room. "Can we talk?" He asked. I nodded with a sigh, telling my girlfriends to leave the room. They closed the door and Ethan sat down on my bed. I had known the boy for almost a month since we met at movie night. And it'd been a week since we played Mario kart together. Ethan handed me my necklace and I said "my necklace. How'd you get that?" "You lost it. When you left me. Listen I-" I stopped him and took the necklace from his hand. Ethan's brown eyes were full of regret and sadness. "Spacey..." I shook my head and said "don't." "I'm so sorry. I was an asshole last night." "All I did was dance with Kurt. He means nothing to me. And if you wanted to dance with me, you should've asked. I would've. Instead you got mad at me." Ethan shook his head at me and said "I'm sorry. I don't wanna ruin our friendship. I was an asshole. I should've just asked you. Instead of being mad. Chad gave me an earful. He told me to come apologize to you but I was going to if he told me to or not. I'm really sorry." I half smiled at him and said "can I give you a hug?" Ethan nodded eagerly and said "sure." I scooted closer to him. The two of us had become fast friends but hasn't really been physical. I kept it mostly professional, considering I didn't want either of us to get the wrong idea. I wrapped my arms around Ethan's neck, hugging him. I felt Ethan's arms go around my waist. "You were really mean." I whispered. Ethan nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck. I jumped at the feeling but liked it at the same time. "I'm really sorry, Lace." He mumbled into my neck. I gave him a small squeeze and pulled away. Ethan playfully pouted at me and nudged my shoulder. "Mario Kart?" He jutted his lips out, making his pout more dramatic. I nodded while looking down. "As long as you let me win." Ethan laughed softly and said "sure, Spacey." I pushed him and the two of us laughed.