09

Chapter nine The Halloween PartyLacey's POV:Tonight was the night

Chapter nine
The Halloween Party
Lacey's POV:
Tonight was the night. I stood in the mirror, looking at the white dress and fairy wings on my body. I started to apply my makeup and then was trying to decide on shoes. Lana Del Rey blasted from Anika's bedroom as we were all getting ready. Mindy and Anika had become a couple within the last couple of weeks. Ethan and I had finished his costume about a week ago and during our last hangout session, he asked to give me some pointers so he could ask the girl he liked out. I reluctantly agreed even though it made my heart ache. I held back my tears as I thought back to it. "I'm not too dorky?" "No, why would you say that?" "I dunno. She's just so pretty. And she's kinda popular. Not super popular but the guys definitely know her name. And I'm just boring Ethan Landry." "Ethan, you're not boring. Not at all. I don't know why you'd ever say that about yourself. Honestly, as sweet as you are, that'd make any girl fall for you. Just be yourself, Ethan. And she'll be head over heels." "You think so?" Ethan grinned. I nodded with a heavy heart. I shook my head, ridding the thought from my mind. I then walked out into the living room. "Oh my god! Oh my god!" Anika said as she looked at me. Jenny gasped and said "you're so hot!" I stood in the chunky heels I wore and said "thank you." My eyes scanned the room and I said "where's Tara?" "She'll be coming a little later. She has to dodge Sam." Mindy said. Jenny immediately made us all take some pictures. Kai just came out of her room, her cat outfit looking amazing. "I love it!" Iz said. Iz was currently in a red bodysuit with little devil horns on her head. The two of them took some pictures and Jenny made me go stand in the sun for an 'ethereal fair vibe' picture. I pouted my lips a bit and let her have her little photoshoot. Iz couldn't stop touching the fuzzy cat eats that sat upon Kai's head. Her crop top showed off her fit torso and the tail that accentuated the outfit was not to be missed.

I looked in the mirror one last time, making sure that I looked ok

I looked in the mirror one last time, making sure that I looked ok. The puffy white dress sat just above below my knees and the chunky heels I wore made me a little bit taller, frilly socks peeking out of them. I had light makeup on, pinks and yellows to bring the inner fairy in me.