Rainy Day Sincerity

It was about 7:30, Satoko snook into his room and said, "Wake up Dad!" Sonic groaned and said, "Morning hun." Satoko then said, "Dad, it's Maddox's first birthday. You said we gotta go out for family time for her birthday."

Sonic sighs and said, "Sure thing honey. I'll get ready as soon as the birthday girl gets up." Satoko seeing her father a little down and asked, "What's the matter Dad? Is something wrong?"

Sonic then answered his first born child, "Remember when I told you I was married to that red echidna and all?" Satoko answered him, "Uhuh? Why?"
That's Sonic told Satoko what happened and all.

Satoko was surprised before she said, "Dang. That's more surprising than my 7'th birthday. So he really is gonna have a baby?" Sonic nodded as Satoko said, "Dad? I dunno if I told you but when we were at the diner, he gave me his condolences about Mom and said he wouldn't forgive that pink witch, Not just for what she did to Mom or you but for killing your marriage with him. He also said he can never forgive her much as he can't forgive that white bat or himself."

Sonic sniffs and said, "He said that?" Satoko nodded but then she thought of something. If she's the reason for her parents being together then she can be the reason for them to be together. She was their gifted daughter besides Risa and Maddox.

That's when Risa jumped up and said, "Then give him a chance Dad!" Satoko got spooked and asked, "How much did you hear Risa?" Thats when the second daughter said, "All of it." Sonic sighs deeply that's when Maddox was crying 'which means she's awake'.

Sonic stood up and said, "I'm gonna go get the birthday girl. I'll be right back."

Sonic left the room as Satoko and Risa were left the room.

Risa asked, "Why didn't you tell me Satoko?" Thats when Satoko replied, "Cause I promised Dad. I think he's afraid of getting heart broken again. I also think he's afraid of us thinking we would think he's weird but I don't."

Risa replied, "Neither do I. Besides love is love. So says my teacher. Satoko, if what Dad say is true then can you tell what the baby is?"

Satoko answered her, "I gotta get a closer look at him or her first." Satoko is truly gifted but she can also sense a heartbeat or two. It's part of her power. It's the reason why she knew she was gonna have sisters. Satoko whispered to her sister, "I think, I should bring them together. If I am the reason for our parents brought together then I can bring them together."

Sonic got back and said with Maddox 'in her cute birthday outfit', "Here's the birthday girl."

Maddox giggled happily. Then Sonic said, "Okay girls, go get ready and we'll head out."

<a short while later>

It was raining but the Royale Family were going to an aquarium with a restaurant, and gift shop.

Sonic made a reservation there for Maddox's first birthday and wanted to make his youngest daughters special day very special.

Sonic turns to the girls and said, "Alright girls. Ready to have fun?" Satoko replied, "Maddox seems to be ready. Right Maddox." The baby cooed happily. Risa then said, "Say Daddy. Will we have fun?"

Sonic chuckled and said, "Yeah." Though when he and the girls were almost there, Sonic saw a familiar red form at the park almost hidden behind the trees and bushes.

Sonic was terrified. Satoko then rushed to him and gasped as she stopped in front of him. Risa looked at Sonic and whispered while holding Maddox's hand, "Go to him Daddy. If you don't go, you'll regret it. Besides I don't care if I have two Daddies. I just want two parents in my life again." Sonic had a saddened look on his face before he said, "I'll do it for you girls." Sonic walks to Satoko as he got even more terrified at what he saw.

Knuckles arms were covered in scars and bruises and he was shivering violently. No doubt he harmed himself and stayed in the cold. He was also getting beaten.

Sonic asked, "What the heck are you doing out here?! Your soak to the bone." Knuckles had empty eyes and said, "S-S-Sonic..." the blue hedgehog asked, "Are you okay? Can you stand up?"

Knuckles replied sniffed and shook, "Go away, the last thing you want to see is a pathetic ex-husband of yours to die a pathetic man. I deserve to die and I'm afraid, our kid will go with."

Sonic sniffed and shouted as he grabbed him, "NO!!" Knuckles couldn't believe his ear. He felt tears stream down his face.

Sonic whispered, "I-I'm so sorry... this is all my fault. I shoulda believed you."

Sonic and Knuckles looked at each other as he asked, "What happened to us?" Knuckles replied emotionlessly, "Two girls successfully drove us apart baby." He placed a hand on Sonics face as Sonic closed his eyes and cried softly.

He held him close as Satoko told a cat civilian and she called an ambulance.

Knuckles then weakly said, "Sonic I..." Sonic interrupted him softly, "Don't say sorry, you already did. I'm the one who should be sorry Knucklehead. I didn't see the signs that you actually still loved me. Being a grieving widowed father is just a struggle."

The two boys were having closure. Knuckles sniffed and said, "Sonic, I love you but I can take things slow for you." Sonic sniffed and said, "You know? I should consider a second chance. In the words of my second daughter possibly. I'll give you one."

Knuckles replied with a smile, "Thank you baby. Thank you. I forgive you and love you." Sonic sighed deeply and said as they held each other close, "I forgive you too and love you red."

Maddox and Risa smiled a little as Satoko sniffed. Ambulance sirens are heard in the background.