Sixteen:

***Logan***

His body felt so weak. He was so thirsty and hungry. He couldn't even lift his head to look around because his body was starting to give up. He heard the cell unlock and he slowly lifted his head, tired eyes falling onto the guard who threatened him standing there with water.

"Drink up." He walked over and placed the cup to Logan's lips. Logan drank it all within minutes. The guard laughed. "Didn't want you dying on us now did we?" Logan glared at him. "Now, in order to get some food privileges....what do you say me, you and the other guards go where nobody could hear you begging for more?" Logan pushed him away weakly.

"Don't touch me." The guard grabbed Logan's arm harshly.

"Or we can just do it right here. Nobody is going to stop us your highness. Nobody here cares about you." Logan struggled weakly against him as the other guards entered the cell. "And the best part about it is? You don't have your magic to fight us off."

***Janus***

Janus walked into the city and looked around. Nobody. Absolutely nobody. He walked towards the castle and didn't see guards anywhere. As soon as he walked through the gates what he saw horrified him. Servants were chained up to the walls by their arms, one was in the middle of the field chained down naked. Janus snapped his fingers and the naked servant was covered in a blanket. He ran over and helped undo the chains.

"Are you alright?" She clung to him. Janus snapped and the other servants were released. Two of them ran towards him and the shaking servant in his arms.

"Maggie!" They took her from him. "Oh sweetie..."

"Thank you." The man who ran over hugged Janus.

"Get out of here, all of you okay? Head towards the woods and hide." Janus saw a young girl with short black hair watching him. He walked over and saw she was also a servant. "Are you okay?"

"I cant leave." She held a key close to her chest. Janus looked at it then at her.

"Why do you have that key?" He asked.

"Serena!" One of the other servants came running over. She looked like an older version of Serena.

"I'm fine sister." She whispered.

"When they told me that you were taken I was so worried! What happened to Virgil?" She asked. Janus stared at the key and then at Serena.

"H-He had me l-lock him up. I was the only one with the key...but I made this copy because he told me to get rid of the key."

"Serena, my name is Janus." Janus knelt down and held out his hand palm up. "I'm Virgil's father. Can I please have the key?"

"How do we even know that's true?" She asked. Janus sighed.

"I am, you just have to trust me on that okay? I just want to go save my son from this monster and get you all out of here safe."

"Here." She handed him the key and Janus thanked her.

"Go." He nodded at Serena's sister who grabbed her and ran. Janus slowly walked to the tower. He stopped when he saw guards standing out in front of the door. If Serena was the only one with a key why would you want the door to be protected like this? He saw the door open and the guards stepped aside. A man stepped out dragging Virgil behind him.

"You will do as I say!" He threw Virgil to the ground and Virgil shakily lifted himself up.

"Like hell I will! I am not yours! I am never going to be!" He held up his hand. "This may make me your prisoner but I will NEVER be your husband."

"Do you really want me to say the word and have them kill Logan because of you?" Virgil glared.

"You wouldn't."

"I would."

"My lord!" A guard came running over. "They've all escaped."

"Get them back!"

"We don't know how long ago they got away! Chains snapped by magic!" Janus watched as the man towering over Virgil kicked him. Virgil groaned and then immediately got himself back up to a sitting position. He was pulled to his feet.

"Well, time to see who's come for you." He threw Virgil back towards the stairs, Janus watched as he came back down slamming the door behind him. Janus watched them all leave including the guards and he took the opportunity to run over and unlock the door. He looked up the stairs and ran.

"Virgil!?" He got up and Virgil was sitting down on the ground ankle chained to the bed. "Virg?" He looked up and tears fell down his face.

"They took him..." virgil leaned into his arms. "I-I had to do what he said or he'd hurt them."

"The other servants?" Janus asked. Virgil nodded. Janus sighed.

"Virgil, when I got here they were all chained up and harmed other than Serena."

"What!?" Tears flowed down his face. "No!"

"Virgil—."

"He told me he wouldn't touch them if I listened!" Virgil glared at the stairs. "That lying prick!"

"Do you know where he has Logan?" Janus asked. Virgil shook his head.

"He took him away and then came after me..." Virgil glared at his hand. "Stupid fucker burned the ring into my hand." Janus grabbed Virgil's hand and his hand lit with magic, the ring falling to the floor with a clang.

"He can't control you okay?" Virgil nodded.

"I don't have magic, I can't fight him like this." Janus smiled a bit.

"Do you trust me?" Janus asked as he held his hand out for Virgil.

"What kind of question is that? Of course I do." He took his hand a purple glow surrounded Virgil. Virgil stared at his hands as talons grew from them. He looked at Janus shocked.

"This time you have magic." Janus smiled. "Try turning human again." Virgil nodded and closed his eyes, the wings and fangs and talons disappearing immediately. He smiled at Janus.

"Oh my god..."

"Now let's go save your future."