Six:

***Years ago: Janus***

The young boy sat in the cage playing with the fidget toy Janus had given him. Janus watched him from the shadows for a moment before the kid stopped and looked directly over to him.

"Back to throw mean words at me?" He asked. Janus laughed and walked out of the shadows. 

"No actually, I wanted to have a nice conversation with you for once boy." He replied. The kid scoffed.

"Right, because kidnappers always want to have nice conversations with their prisoners."

"You trespassed on my property, it was within my right to obtain you, I should have killed you but no I'm showing you mercy by keeping you alive and this is how you repay me?" The kid threw the toy down.

"You took me away from my mother, took me away from everyone I ever met and cared for and expect me to just stay here in this cage and you expect me to repay you for kidnapping me and fucking keeping me alive?? I'd rather be dead than be treated like a slave." Janus had enough of this kid. He opened the cage and stepped in and the kid immediately backed away. Janus smirked and lit his hand up with magic. He walked over and grabbed the kids arm. The kid started screaming in horror. Janus smirked and pulled back.

"Now, I showed you your future. You understand how this can go for you so shut up and stay quiet." Janus walked out and frowned when he sat on the front porch of his cottage. He had seen that kids future as well, and he wasn't planning on being such a dick but if he messed up now...no. He was going to change it so the kid doesn't die. He looked back at the cottage and stood walking towards the woods. He had some things to change.

***four years later***

Janus planned on releasing Virgil today. He had put it into the kings mind that the kid was dangerous and that he needed to be stopped. Now that the kid was older all he did was continue to mouth off and fight back with snarky remarks. He no longer cared about the threats and other harsh words janus threw at him. Janus had learned that Virgil was his son a little after he had seen the kids future. But did he actually care? No. He walked over to Virgil and started his plan, turning him into a dragon. Virgil screamed in horror as he transformed and that only made Janus smirk. His plan was set into motion.

***present time***

Janus heard shouting and suddenly the door to the cabin he was hiding in was thrown open revealing guards.

"Where Virgil!? You bastards!" Janus went to stand up but collapsed to the ground. He started crying as one of the guards stepped forward.

"This, is with respect from the king." The guard punched Janus and he couldn't breathe. "Since you seem to have controlled his son, and turned him against him." Janus laughed.

"You mean having Logan reveal the truth?" Janus looked up at them. "Then I regret nothing." The guards lifted Janus to his feet and started dragging him out of the cabin. He couldn't fight back so he sat there and allowed himself to be dragged out into the woods. They reached a clearing and the guards dropped Janus. He slowly lifted himself up and looked at the guards.

"By order of our king, you are to be executed for treason." Janus closed his eyes. So Logan lost then? He opened his eyes and looked at the guards.

"I am at peace with my death knowing I revealed the truth." Janus looked down at his hands fully expecting the blow from a sword when he heard the gallop of horses and shouting. He lifted his head and saw Prince Logan on a horse as well as Virgil following after. He was suddenly lifted to his feet by the guard and held close to the guards chest.

"LEAVE HIM!" Logan shouted.

"No way! I will never listen to you! He has no reason to live after forcing you to hurt your own father!" Virgil looked over and then at the dude holding him.

"Virgil don't!" Virgil ran forward and knocked the man down.

"Come on." Virgil helped him up. Logan got down from the horse and walked over helping Virgil get Janus onto the horse. They made their way back in silence, when they reached the castle Janus got down and bowed to Logan.

"Thank you for saving me, King Logan." Logan smiled and gestured at him to rise.

"You saved Remus from that terrible fate of being trapped here, you saved Patton and Virgil from the dungeons....it was only repaying you for your kindness. Thank you for saving my friends, Sir Janus."

"But I'm not-." Logan handed Janus a staff (Janus had stopped paying attention so whenever Logan got that staff from he didn't know) and gestured for him to follow him to the throne room. There was the castle staff, and guards all crowded around the room. Logan pulled Janus up and to the thrones.

"Everyone. This, is sir Janus. He is to be in command, until I am ready to rule." Janus stared shocked at Logan.

"What but-."

"We make our own destinies." Logan smiled. "I mean after all, I believe that is what my friend the witch told me."

"Why would you want it to be me?" Janus looked over at his son who was talking to a few of the maids. "You know I've made some terrible judgement calls..."

"You are wise Janus." Logan places a crown on top of his head. "I know you will help me make the best decisions for this kingdom and with you making the bigger decisions, I can learn more than just from the books." Janus laughed at that.

"Finally deciding to get your nose out of those books huh?" They both looked over at the guards and maids and then back at each other.

"Thank you Janus." Janus nodded his head.

"You have nothing to thank me for. You have been very brave Logan." Logan looked down at his hands.

"Do you think Roman and Remus are going to be alright?" Janus nodded.

"Of course they will be, and I know we'll see them soon enough." Janus gestured at the party going on between the maids and guards. "Now go, allow them to see you as an actual human being and not some robot." Logan walked away and Janus took the crown off his head. He sat down and looked over at the crowd scanning it for Virgil and panicked when he didn't see him.

"You know, I don't know what was more fun." Janus jumped as Virgil sat on the thrones arm. "Almost dying several times, or seeing you wearing that crown." Virgil plopped the crown back on his dads head and Janus groaned.

"Virgil, please don't do that you scared me." Virgil laughed.

"I do that a lot." The two sat there and watched Logan interact with everyone. Virgil smiled. "He will make a great king one day." Janus took the crown off his head again.

"He actually cares about his people, not just the rich people but the poor and the outcast. He's going to break a generation of bad rule." Virgil glanced over at Janus and shoved his arm.

"You read that with magic?" Janus chuckled.

"Didn't need to do that at all." They both joined the party. For once, Janus was able to relax.

AN sorry this took forever to update! Don't worry this book is definitely not over yet! But the next chapter is going to have a really big time skip but anyways I hope you enjoyed!