Nine:

***Janus***

"What do you mean he left!?" Janus groaned as he immediately ran for the throne room. He didn't see king Logan but he saw a note. "This kid is seriously going to be the death of me what the fuck." He placed the note back on the table and looked over at the door as it opened.

"He went to see if Remus got home safe didn't he?" Virgil asked.

"You knew and you didn't say anything!?" Janus immediately placed the crown he had on his head down and grabbed a sword off the wall. "I'm going after him he could be in some serious danger."

"I'm coming with you!" Virgil grabbed his fathers arm and Janus stopped and turned to face him. "Please I can't lose you."

"And you won't, I'll just be going to the other kingdom. Nothing bad."

"I don't fucking trust their parents!" Virgil shouted as he grabbed januss arm again pulling him back. "Remus...he was treated very poorly by his parents. I don't trust them. So I don't want you to go alone."

"Alright fine, but it'll be just us. I'm not risking anything bringing guards. They will probably think we are trying to fight them..."

"Alright, let's go."

***Remus***

"Do you think he's really dead?" Remus closed the book he was writing in and looked at Roman who was also reading. Roman closed the book and shook his head.

"I'm sure Bartholomew didn't actually kill Logan. He doesn't want an all out war. He probably killed all the guards that came with him though." Roman looked towards the door. "I know he threatened to kill Remy and I feel bad I...I kept..." Roman clenched his fist in his lap. "I was just protecting myself! I could have gotten him killed!"

"But he's alive, Ro..." Remus grabbed his brothers hand. "How...how long was he hurting you?" Roman pulled his hand away.

"As soon as I even stepped foot in the castle grounds they dragged me into the cell with mom and dad."

~~~~months ago: Roman POV~~~~

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING: mentions of rape (doesn't go into any detail it's just implied that's what goes down) ⚠️

Roman jumped off the horse confused. He looked around at the castle walls seeing none of the guards who would have definitely notified his parents he was home but...nobody was even watching the castle? Roman pet the horse as he opened the gate. As soon as he entered the horses reigns were snatched from him and his arms restrained behind his back.

"Wait! Hey!" He was shoved to his knees. He was stripped of all his weapons. He hissed in pain as he was then dragged to his feet and pulled towards the dungeons. He was shaking in fear. Did his parents just want to punish him? He was thrown into a cell and he stood up as best he could. "Stop! Hey! Please let me explain!"

"Oh my god!" Roman froze and looked forward eyes widening. There was no way that was just his mother, he was already starting to hallucinate wasn't he? He turned around and his eyes watered seeing the condition his parents were in. Both the king and queen were not looking very healthy.

"What the hell!?" Roman looked at the two.

"Roman...." His father walked over and helped get the handcuffs off. Roman immediately pulled him into a hug.

"What's happened!?" Roman asked.

"We were attacked." His mother said. Roman shook his head.

"By who?" He asked. Roman was suddenly pulled backwards by his father and the two got closer to his mother.