Destiny wrote our names together- 2.

Once Abhir was engulfed by sleep, I and Akshara walked out of the room.

I had hundreds, thousands of questions going through my head and I needed answers.
She was looking away from me, trying to hide her tears and helplessness.

I grabbed her by the arm, turning her to face me.
"Did you adopted him Akshara? Why does he thinks I am his father? Is he someone else's?
I don't care even if he is, I'll very much like to be his Papa but first I need to know, tell me, please."
I asked her softly while she looked at me with her moist eyes.

She slipped her arm away from my hold, sniffing twice before answering.
"You don't need to worry about it Abhimanyu, I'll handle it, I'll tell him he saw a dream or something."

I could feel my blood boiling with her every word and I pulled her closer to me.
"What do you mean? I promised that kid that I'll not leave and I will not until I get some answers or not even after that."

"Just leave Abhimanyu!
You are a married man now, being at your ex's house at this point of time is not good."
She said harshly and I looked at her with utter confusion.

"Have you lost it? Married? Me?"

"Why? Did you gave divorce to Dr Aarohi as well, because honestly you have divorce papers ready in your cupboard for any moment things go wrong."
She yelled and for the first time I saw hate in her eyes for me and it killed me again if I was even alive after she left.

"Akshara I have no idea what you are talking about, right now I am just talking about the kid who addresses you as Mumma and me as Papa.
He looks almost five...."
And then my brain got into some basic calculations, there's no way in world I thought, but then I memorized his features, my brain pulled a brake at his eyes.
"He has my eyes."
I whispered as my eyes snapped to hers.
My grip becoming tighter on her.
"Is he mine Akshara?"
I asked hoping it to be both true and false, anyway I'll feel hurt.

"Yes."
She spit out, closing her eyes letting her tears fall and placing her palms on her ears, waiting for me to brust up, to scream, to shout, to create some disaster.

I did nothing, I just kept looking at her, waiting for her to open her eyes and look at my helplessness.

Once she opened her eyes, I saw her looking surprised, seeing me all calm.
"Why? Why did you do this me Akshara?"
I can't help but ask.
I can see the fury in her eyes when she pushed me back.

"I? Abhimanyu I?
How can you do this me, to us, to Abhir?"
She said huffing with anger.

"Why couldn't you just inform me? I had no idea about him."
I spoke as anger started taking its form.

"I tried everything in my power to inform you but couldn't care less."

"What are you even trying to say?"
I roar.

"Wait, I'll make you listen what I mean."
She said grinding her teeth together before grabbing her phone and going through some old call recording.

She played an audio.
I can put my finger on it, it was after some six months she had left me.

"Abhi, Abhi! Thank God you picked up the call, I need to tell you something very very important, please just listen to me once."

"There’s nothing, nothing left to be heard Akshara, nothing at all, stop bothering me, don't you dare call me again, not ever again."

"Abhi pleas--"

My stomach felt a knot tying up as I realized my situation during that time. Maa has started hyperventilating since the time her name flashed on my phone screen and I did another mistake just to control my mother.
Disconnecting from her.