11

Natasha Eleanor Lombardi's pov:

After I was done speaking to cassian I made my way over to where Liam was sitting, it was time for our first session, basically we let the kids talk about what happened to them at the first session then the rest of the session is just us telling them coping mechanisms and them telling us who they are and us trying to find them homes along the way.

Liam is an adorable little boy and I'm sure he'll be adopted soon if all goes well. "Hi Liam!" I spoke with a smile as he turned to me "h-hello" he mumbled "you ready for our session?" I said kneeling down on the right side of his chair. Liam nodded nervously "I know your nervous and that's okay but I can assure you everything will be okay" I reassured him, I stood up and held my hand out to him, he took my hand as I lead him to my office.

I watched him get on the chair in front of my desk with a bit of a struggle before going to sit at my desk. "So Liam, how are you feeling?" I asked "I-I'm good, can you tell Seb and dr Adriano I said thank you please?" He asked politely as I smiled "of course!, as a matter of fact I can even help you make card for them and I'll give it to them if we have a little bit of spare time at the end of this session!" I spoke "you know them?" He asked "yea, they're my brothers" I replied.

I sighed, "now, I know you may not want to talk about this but unfortunately it's protocol. Would you tell me what your mother did to you?" I asked with a hint of sadness In my voice as I made my way to the side of his chair, kneeling down. He trembled, tears filling his forest green doe eyes as he began to explain "s-she w-would hit m-me a-and make m-me c-clean and c-cook and s-she w-would drown me and p-put v-very h-hot w-water o-on m-me." He sniffled before continuing "s-he also w-would I-invite r-random g-guy a-and t-they would h-hit me and t-they also t-touched m-me in where d-dr Adriano said it's c-called m-my n-no-no places a-and I-it b-burned." He said, his voice trembling as tears ran down his face.

My heart broke for the small and fragile little boy as I welcomed him in my arms. He leapt from the seat and into my arms as one hand dug into his dirty blonde hair as the other one rubbed his back in an attempt to soothe him. I checked my watch to see that I had one more hour before this session ended so I picked Liam up as he wrapped his legs around my waist and dug his head into my neck.

I went over to the beige and comfy couch I had in my office and laid down, with Liam still on my chest.

I decided that we could take a little nap for thirty minutes then spend the other thirty minutes making the cards for my brothers that Liam wanted to make since I thought it would be a fun little activity for him.

After thirty minutes,

I woke up from the alarm ringing from my iPhone, I placed Liam off of my chest and onto the couch before going to get some crayons and paper. I placed them on the desk before I went to wake Liam up.

"Liam, wake up bambino" I spoke with a hint of softness in my voice as tapped his back gently. He woke up, his eyes fluttering "h-hello" he spoke in a hushed voice as I chuckled, "so, do you wanna make those cards?" I asked as he nodded his head repeatedly with a small grin, with his baby teeth showing. My heart melted as I stared at him fondly, he'd already has me wrapped around his little finger.

I lead him to my desk and sat beside him as we sat in silence, I watched him fondly as he colored and occasionally asked me for spellings. Seeing his little hands grip the crayons and his hand writing that clearly showed that he was a toddler or at the age of one, it just made me so happy, something about him, he reminds me of my little brother Luca. Liam's adorable and polite, I'm not used to this as I mostly work with older kids but it's nice to work with younger kids.

"N-nat how do I spell t-thank you?" He asked nervously, I wrapped my hand around his that was holding the crayon and I helped him write. "There you go" I said "thank you!" He said before coloring in some stars and hearts.

After he was done he held it and showed me "nat look! I'm done making the card!" He spoke grinning. I chuckled "you did a very good job cucciolo! I'll make sure it's delivered safely" I spoke ruffling his hair. His smile widened as he put the card down and hugged me, I smiled as wariness filled my chest, I gave him a kiss on his forehead before he pulled back.

"Alright Liam, that is the end of our session. I'll take you to the playroom Alright?" I spoke as he nodded, I took his hand in mine and led him to the playroom where all the other kids were, waiting for lunch. "Alright I look forward to our next session Liam, bye!" I spoke with a smile leaving as he waved.

I went back to my office and sat down doing some work before packing up and leaving to go home. I put my laptop, laptop charger, water bottle, Liam's card and my phone into my bag and left my office.

I walked to the reception to sign myself out for the day. I showed the receptionist my card and let her write down my full name, time of leave and reason before I left. I had to hurry up since I also had to pick up my little brother, Luca from school.

I left the building and got into my Porsche. I sat in the drivers seat and left my bag in the backseat. I started driving to Lucas school which was about 13 minutes away.

I stopped in the parking lot and waited a few minutes before Luca stepped out. I beeped, signaling him to come over, he walked over and put his bag in the backseat before sitting in the passenger seat. We sat in a comfortable silence all the way home.

When they arrived home,

I drove past the gates and into the garage. Both me and Luca got out of the car and went insides, both of us retreating to our rooms to freshen up before going to the dining room for lunch.

I sat down and conversed with Adriano. "Oh and you guys remember Liam right? He wanted me to give u guys something" I spoke as I gave the cards to both Adriano and Sebastian as they read it with fondness in their eyes, I even saw Sebastian's side of his lip tilt upwards which rarely happened.

1300 words,

(Hey guys sorry for not updating in a while I've been having a lot of tests and exams recently and the loads of homework but I hope you guys enjoy this page! Oh and I also wanted to say that I might upload a new book I'm not 100% sure though)