Chapter 14

It was now a day before exams. Everybody was studying hard just so they can go to the training camp. Kageyama was spendinng those three weeks with Oikawa and Kunimi who helped him with his studies. It was kinda hard for the boys cause Kageyama wasn't really paying any attention in classes and didn't understand a word of Tsukishima's notes that he borrowed.

Oikawa was on videocall with his kohai for almost four hours. It was late and he could do other things like go to sleep. But no. He stayed with Kageyama the whole night just so he can calm him down since the raven was too stressed to fall asleep. He didn't really know why he did this but still. It felt right for him. He was telling him some sooting word and watched Tobio relaxed by him every word. It makes him happy. He himself was nervous too but talking with Tobio made him forgot about his exams and was only focusing on Kageyama.

The brunette was now watching his underclassman slowly falling asleep on the other side of the call. It was a cute sight to see. He then heard a little snoring coming from Tobio. He smiled and ended the call. He rolled himself on the bed and closed his eyes hoping he will pass all his exams.

***

Few days went by and Oikawa was still walking to school and home with Kageyama. The boys were waiting for their results and didn't really talked about the exams. They both felt like they didn't do a good job. Oikawa was just better at hiding it. Kageyama on the other hand was more quiet the usual. He really wanted to go to the training camp.

The next day Oikawa got his results. He fully relaxed himself when he looked at the notes. He passes all of the subjects and with a impresive score. 

It was a lunch time and he was sitting at his usual spot with Makki and Matsun. They also passed the exams but barely. Kunimi walked by with his classmates and looked at Oikawa with a little smile. He passed. Iwaizumi did too and since Oikawa was in the same class he knew. He didn't really cared about his best friend anymore. He didn't know if he could still called him his best friend nor even friend. He looked at his direction He notice a small change in him. Iwaizumi didn't seems to be happy whenever he saw his girlfriend and looked exausted when Mei was dragging him around to showing him off to her friends. She wanted everyone to know she was dating the ace in Aoba Johsai's volleyball teams. Oikawa rolled his eyes. If he was in Iwaizumi's shoes, it would be much bigger since all the girls were obsessed with him.

The practices were normal. Just the captain and vice captain not talking to each other. The players got used to it and now there wasn't any tension. Kunimi and Kindaichi did make a progress and said to each other some words. The players were now at the end of a practice when a phone suddenly rang. It was Oikawa's and he went to pick it up since the coaches weren't in the gym.

"Hello?"

"Tooru-san!"

"Oh, Tobio-chan! What's up?" his eyes lit up.

"I wanted to call you right at the moment I got my results but my phone died. Since I was charging it during practice I can tell you now!" Oikawa could tell how happy Kageyama was now.

"So? What is it?"

"I passed!"

"Oh my god really? I'm so proud!" Oikawa wasn't lying. He truly was so happy to hear the news. He knew how hard Kageyama studied and didn't want to see his kohai sad if he didn't pass. Luckily it wasn't a case now. Sudenly someone snatched hig phone from his hands.

"You passed!? Congratulations! I did too! Let's go!" Kunimi yelled in the phone and was now jumped around a bit.

"Wow, this is the first time seeing Kunimi so energetic and exited about someting." Narita said.

"It's Kageyama's effect." Yahaba nodded, proud with the sentence he came up with.

"It's still wierd whoever that guy is." Kyoutanni rolled his eyes.

"Whatever..." Kindaichi grumbled.

"Oiii that means you going to the training camp too! Sweet!" Kunimi's eyes were sparkling. The thought of his friend being there with him made him happy.

"Akira-chan, give me back my phone. I want to talk to Tobio-chan." Oikawa was trying to take back his phone.

"Yeah, yeah here is you boyfriend." Kunimi rolled his eyes handing back the phone thinking he'll call Kageyama later to chat.

"He's not my boyfriend!" Oikawa blushed.

"Yet."

Oikawa turned his head with pink cheeks and stared at Hanamaki who was smirking. Iwaizumi didn't look happy, hearing the word "boyfriend" aimed at Oikawa. Somehow the idea of Kageyama and Oikawa dating made his blood boil.

"Tobio-chan, I'm proud of you. Let me treat you an ice cream after practice." Oikawa grinned when he turned his attention to the boy on the other side.

"Oh, sure. Thanks I-"

"Kageyamaaaa!! Let senpai treat you with some ice ream later!" Nishinoya yelled.

"KAGEYAMA! Let's have a sleepover to celebrate our passing!" Hinata shouted too close to the phone, making Oikawa flinch.

"You barely passed you idiot."  Tsukishima snickered.

"STILL! I PASSED ALL OF THE EXAMS! THAT'S ENOUGH TO CELEBRATE!"

"Oiii stop yelling at my ear." Kageyama was getting annoyed.

"Lol it's so loud out there." Oikawa laughed at the younger who was clearly suffering by all the noise.

"Yeah..." Kageyama sighed and then turned his attention to Hinata."Well the traning camp is tomorrow if you didn't know. So forget about the sleepover. We have to sleep well before the trip." 

"Owwww!"

"Tooru-san see you later. Don't forget about the ice cream." 

"Sure thing Tobio-chan!" and with that he hung up.

"Finally the call was going on for ages" the head couch said and Oikawa flinched. The two coaches were standing behind him at the doors.

"Well the practice is over. Go clean the gym and take a nap. We will leave for Tokyo tomorrow at 4 a.m. Come to the school grounds 15 minutes earlier."

"Yes sir!"

***

"Soooo. You're going to the ice cream date with Tobio-kun later? Hanamaki smirked while mopping the floor with Oikawa.

"Hey! It's not like that!" he exclaimed.

"It totally is." Matsukawa said while passing by with the basked of volleyballs.

"Whatever." Oikawa rolled his eyes and continued doing his job. Hanamaki just giggled and followed to do the same. He had the feeling that things will change between the two setters in the good way. He was looking forward to the camp.