6) Prince Charming

Start from the beginning

I sipped the water and thanked her for helping me.

"Oh and also-" She exclaimed as she seemed to remember something. "I think this belongs to you, sir." She pointed at the briefcase.

"It was lying near your car and I thought it might be important. So, I brought it along. And now I know for sure it is important because it has so much money and-" She gasped and slapped a hand on her mouth. As if she wasn't supposed to say that. "I am so sorry for peeking inside. I just couldn't help myself. I know it's wrong-"

She was now blabbering anything that came to her mind.

Staring at her in bewilderment, I resisted the urge to chuckle.

This girl had not only helped me but also made sure my briefcase was returned to me. It had some important documents that I needed for a deal. I did not care about the money. I am Rajveer Singhania. Money doesn't matter to me.

Had it been someone else, I don't think I would have gotten my briefcase back.

People with such kind souls are rarely found these days.

I realized I had been silently staring at her all the time. While she looked like as if I was going to call the cops on her. I smiled at her to relieve her from the panic.

She returned the smile and in that moment I felt as if I was seeing Sapna's smile. The same innocent twinkle in her eyes, the smile that reflected nothing but kindness.

Suddenly, the door opened again and my PA, Peyush, rushed inside. He had a worried look on his face but after seeing me, his nerves calmed down a little. "Oh, thank god, sir! Are you okay? I was really worried on receiving a call from the hospital saying you had been in an accident. I hope you are not gravely injured."

This boy worries too much. Although he is my PA, he is like my son. He was an orphan when I first met him. I took him to an orphanage, enrolled him in a good school and took care of his needs. As soon as he graduated from college, he has been working with our company.

I shook my head. "Don't worry. I am fine, Peyush. This lady, here, took great care of me." I motioned towards the girl who was standing there awkwardly, not knowing what to do.

He nodded in acknowledgement, adjusting his glasses.

"I think I should go now." She wrung her hands together.

"Wait. What's your name? " I asked her.

"Kiara Sharma." She replied. "It was nice to meet you, sir. "

"Do you need some help? Peyush can drop you wherever you want to go." I offered but she declined and quickly left the room.

She is such a sweet and kind person.

A thought occurred to me and my lips twitched in a ghost of a smile.

"Peyush, I want all the details on this girl in an hour." I ordered.

If Arjun can't do anything about his situation, then I will.

Kiara's POV

"I have been standing in the same spot since five minutes and you still can't spot me?" I asked on the phone, looking around for my best friend. I was standing in the front of the café where I was supposed to meet Anushka.

"Ooh, ooh, ooh! I see you!" Look over to your right."

I turned to my right and saw her waving at me with a wide grin. I waved back with a goofy smile of my own. We both squealed in unison and rushed towards each other as if we had seen Chris shirtless. And the people walking past stared at us as if we were two aliens dancing naked in the middle of the road.

I hugged her tightly and she returned the gesture with same enthusiasm. "Oh my god! It's been such a long time." I exclaimed.

It's been only a week.

"I know right?" She agreed as if she hadn't spent last night cursing out her Chemistry professor on call with me.

I took a good look at her. She was sporting a black tank top with faded jeans and denim sneakers. With dark brown eyes and hair falling down till her waist, she looked ready to walk on the ramp.

"Come. Let's find a seat." She held my wrist and dragged me inside the café. "I need to tell you how Divya confronted that cheating boyfriend of hers."

Classic was a cozy place and a famous hangout in the area. I loved the French windows at the back of the café. We decided to sit near the back because we loved the view from there.

A waiter came to take our orders and we both talked for a long time, filling each other with what happened in our lives in the past few days. I also told her about my incident with the great Arjun Singhania.

Hope you guys get the heavy sarcasm.

The whole time, she listened to me quite intently and then a smug smile appeared on her face.

I narrowed my eyes at her suspiciously. "What?" I asked her.

"What, what? " Her voice was full of amusement.

"Why are you smiling like a creep? What are you thinking?"

She smirked and for a dramatic effect, took a sip of her coffee like a James Bond villain before replying. "Seems like you have finally found your Prince Charming."

I nearly fell from my seat.

Thank god, I wasn't drinking coffee otherwise I would have spat all of it on her face.

That's gross.

I know that. Someone tell her not to say such things.

"WHAT?" I shrieked, placing a hand on my heart and making sure if I heard that right. My eyes were wide as saucers and I am pretty sure my face resembled that of an animated cartoon.

"Yes, of course... Arjun - your Prince Charming. " She nodded her head.

"WHAT?" I said again but this time due the absurdity of the statement.

"Don't you see?" She leaned forward with an excited gleam in her eyes. "It's kind of one of those cliché movies where the boy and girl have a love-hate relationship. They can't stand each other but they can't live without each other either. It's so cute." She gushed, clapping her hands together.

"WHAT?" I could not think of anything else to say. I was dumbfounded to say the least.

"Oh, just stop with this 'what' nonsense." She rolled her eyes.

"Seriously, Anushka? Have you lost it? What makes you even think that?" I asked her incredulously.

"Wattpad." She replied non-chalantly like it was pretty obvious and I was a fool to not understand it the first time.

I swear we both will die single someday. This wattpad has raised our expectations so much.

Moreover, Prince Charming?

I sniggered at the thought.

More like the Devil with the red horns.

I opened my mouth to give her a piece of mind but couldn't come up with any words. I closed my mouth, the action only making me look like a gaping fish and shook my head. I couldn't believe she said that.

Seriously? I mean I agree he is hot and rich and all that but it's real life and not any romance book.

Oooh.....so you agree he is hot, huh?

Is there a way of killing our conscience without killing ourselves?

I was wondering how to knock some sense in my best friend when someone passed by our table and accidentally dropped their wallet. I stood from my chair and picked the wallet.

"Excuse me! I think you dropped yo-" I paused mid-sentence when I saw the person standing in front of me.

There was silence for a few seconds and then we both shouted at the same time "YOU!"

Speak of the devil.