“Dad I need to talk to you.”

“On my day off?” he chuckles.

“You took the day off?” I ask, surprised.

“When you get to be my age, Reid, you deserve a day or two off.”

True.

“Not when you're thirty-five, son” he continues, folding his arms.

Ah, here we go.

I look at Hernan who has a frown on his face.

“Hernan here tells me you left work two days ago in the morning and he hasn't heard a word from you. Your phone's been unreachable too. Care to explain?”

“I was busy” I shrug.

“With?”

“Personal stuff, Dad.”

“That you couldn't even return my voicemail?” Hernan asks.

“I didn't get any voicemail. It happens.”

“And you weren't home or at the office. Where were you?”

“I'm not a child, dude. Stop it.”

He sighs.

“Fine. I just wanted to tell you we've finally closed the deal with Citadel.”

I nod.

“I know. Telvin called.”

That call you got?” Hernan scoffs. “Unbelievable.”

“Look I was busy okay? I apologize. I'm back now. Better?”

“Only if you come with me to celebrate with the others,” he says.

“Dude—”

“I'm not taking no for an answer Reid” he shakes his head. “We're going out to celebrate the deal we made today. For heaven's sake Reid. We've worked hard on this project for months so we deserve to relax a little bit... doncha think?”

“He's right son” my father clasps me on the shoulder. “You deserve to celebrate your achievements. This is good news and you want to pass the chance to celebrate?”

“Dad—”

“Oh stop it, Reid” Mom rolls her eyes.

“Yeah, Ben” Clayton grins, “Live a little.”

I shake my head.

“I think it's a waste of time,” I say. “We could rather start developing ideas for the Renaissance project.”

Clayton scoffs.

“Hernan, don't get me wrong, okay? I know we've really worked hard... especially those long hours into the night. But wouldn't you rather relax at home?” I ask.

“Lemme see if I understand this” Anika chimes in with a small laugh.

I look at her.

“You were practically living in the office, these last couple of weeks. And you wanna... relax at home?” she asks.

I shrug.

“I don't see why not.”

She laughs again and stands.

“C'mon Reid. You deserve to go out and relax now that you've succeeded and finally made the deal. What is this talk about relaxing at home?”

“Anika makes a good point” my mother agrees.