20. Treacherous Roads & A Mysterious New Companion

Min's pov

Namjoon and Jin took the lead, I was being carried on Jimin's back as he insisted on letting Hoseok take a break from carrying me. Instead, he gave Hoseok the bag that he was carrying so that he wasn't overexerting his strength. Hoseok didn't want to stop carrying me but both Jimin and I insisted since I wanted him to take a break, we had been walking for about seven minutes and we were nowhere near getting any closer to the house that Jin and Namjoon found on the map. A thought crossed my mind as I thought about the house, "What if this house isn't there anymore? What do we do then? Where do we go? I hope that this house is here and that we can stay there for a while." I looked around us, my mood dampening as I saw what was around us. The streets were lined with debris, and dead cars that looked old and rusted. Most of them looked unusable and it made it feel even more real that we had all been asleep for so two years. But it made me think, what exactly happened in the two years we were sleeping? There were so many unanswered questions running through our minds, everything about this world we have woken up in is now basically an unknown landscape where new creatures and even large insects seemed to roam. Although things looked bleak, I had a tiny sliver of hope that we would be able to find some answers to the questions we had. Behind Jimin and I, Jungkook was making small talk with Taehyung while Yoongi talked with Hoseok. I felt a shiver run down my spine, an eerie feeling bubbling in my chest as I felt as if we were being watched as we were walking. "Are you okay, Min? You shivered." Jimin looked up at me, our eyes met and I gave him a small smile. "Yeah, I'm fine. I just-"

"Have this feeling as if we're being watched?" He finished.

"Yeah, you feel it too?"

"Yeah, it's unsettling. I think we'll be fine though. I found a brand new taser while we were in that Mini Mart." Jimin patted his left pocket, "Does anybody know you found that?" I asked, "Taehyung knows, he was with me when I found it." He answered. "I'm sure it's nothing, maybe it's just me being paranoid." I dismissed, "You mean both of us are being paranoid." Jimin said, "Maybe." I shrugged, "I can hope that you and I are wrong about it. I don't really think we need another problem or creature to show up and attack us now while we're out in the open." I sighed, "You have a point. I don't think any of us would be ready for that," Jimin agreed.

"Guys," Jin and Namjoon stopped walking, "What's wrong?" Jimin asked, looking at the two in confusion. Yoongi walked forward and stopped just beside Jin, looking just as troubled as the other two. "Well, shit." Yoongi sighed, Jimin walked forward and we both were in complete shock as we saw the huge crater in the ground, this prompted Jungkook, Hoseok and Tae to join us. "What the hell made that big of a crater?" Taehyung questioned, looking concerned. "I don't know but I don't have a good feeling about this at all. Whatever could have made the crater could still be around. I think we should keep moving." Hoseok said, "Yeah, I agree with Hobi hyung on this one." Jungkook nodded, looking up at the rest of us.

"I say we leave before it shows up," I agreed.

"Yep," Jimin nodded, "Let's go," He added. Jin and Namjoon nodded and started leading us away from the crater. Lucky for us, there was another path that we could take to get to this house. As we walked down this new path, a shiver ran down my spine causing me to look around. Jimin was talking with Jungkook and Taehyung, both of them walking on either side of Jimin and I. Hoseok walked with Yoongi, the two walking ahead of us with Jin and Namjoon still in the lead. As everyone was talking with one another, I kept my ears and eyes open to make sure that nothing snuck up from us.

I suddenly heard soft pitter patter coming from behind Jimin and I, which put me on edge. Without alerting the others, I looked behind us only to find the cutest thing ever. A small black and tan puppy was following Taehyung, when it looked up at me, I could hardly hold in my squeal. It was the cutest thing ever, how was I supposed to think this puppy was dangerous? It was too small and too cute but then I realized that even the smallest of things could be dangerous to people, especially since we were now in a world full of the unknown with no knowledge of what happened it.

"Jimin," I tapped him lightly, "What's up?" He asked, "Look behind Taehyung and whatever you do, don't scream." I warned.

"Scream? Why?"

"Something's following us but I don't think it means any harm, if you scream it could send it into a panic and possibly cause it to either run off or attack us."

"What is it?" Jimin looked behind Taehyung subtly, his eyes widening as he saw the puppy following Taehyung. "Should I tell Tae?" Jimin asked, "That's up to you." I said, shrugging. "Tae," Jimin started, "Yeah?" Taehyung looked at Jimin who looked slightly panicked, Jungkook was also now curious as to what was going on. "There is something following you, don't scream or it might set it off." Jimin warned, Taehyung and Jungkook looked at one another before looking behind him, both immediately clammed up as they saw the puppy still following Taehyung.

"Hey, why is it so quiet back there?" Hoseok asked, "Is everything alright back there?"

"Define alright?" Jungkook said.

"What's going on?" Jin and Namjoon stopped walking and looked back at us, Taehyung moved to the side and revealed the puppy who was now the center of attention.

"A puppy?" Yoongi tilted his head, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.

"Yeah.. Min was the first one to notice it. But I don't think we should do anything to set it off. Who knows what it's capable of?" Jimin explained, it seemed the others agreed. "Then what do we do about it? It seems very attracted to Taehyung." Hoseok looked at Jin and Namjoon, who thought for a moment. "I don't know." Namjoon shrugged, thinking about it some more. "Should we scare it off?" Jungkook asked, "No!" I protested, making Jungkook jump.

"Then what do we do?"

"I don't know.."