8. Decisions... Decisions

Min's pov

"Hold on... If we do that, there's no telling what we will come across." Taehyung quipped, his eyes showing concern and fear. "I know that it sounds like a dumb notion, but it might be the only way we find the answer to anything. I know that we have no clue what's out there." Hoseok said, looking over to Taehyung. "Yeah, we have no clue what's out there. For all we know, we could die out there. Or we could get attacked by something or someone." Taehyung said pointedly, he had a point. "As much as I hate to say this... Tae is right. We have no clue what we'll be dealing with out there." Jimin spoke up, as Hoseok let out a sigh. "That may be so, but we won't know until we try. We've been through most of the floors and rooms in this hospital, hoping to find some kind of answer as to why we're here. I don't think there is much more that we'll find here." Namjoon said, clutching the notebook tightly in his hand. "I agree with Taehyung and Jimin on this, Hoseok. They both have a point. Leaving the hospital is basically just throwing ourselves out there like we're a pack of little penguins trying to get away from a sea lion. We have no clue what world we have woken up to. And you think going outside of these four walls that provide us safety will do us any good?" Jin asked, I could see that tension was beginning to rise between the members over this issue. I agreed with Yoongi, with Hoseok, and even Namjoon. 

"Taehyung, Jimin... Jin..." The three of them turned their heads to me, seeming interested in what I had to say. "I know you're scared. We're all scared of what could possibly be out there. But by staying here, where there is practically nothing here for us means we have no answers and no way of surviving." 

"I agree with Min on that." 

"Me too," Jungkook said.

"I have a suggestion," Yoongi said.

"And that is?" 

"How about we go through the hospital and look?" 

"Hyung, we already did that." Hoseok said, "And we found nothing."

"I'm not suggesting that we look for answers. We did that and came up empty so it's pointless to do it again." He said, "Then what are you suggesting?" Jimin asked, he looked a bit apprehensive. 

"We are in a hospital, right?" 

"Right, we are," I said, catching onto what Yoongi was saying. "Hospitals have medical equipment, clothing probably and.." He trailed off, hoping that someone caught onto what he was trying to say. "Food!" I called, turning everyone's eyes on me. "Hospitals always have food!!" A small smile made its way on my face, I felt a bit proud of myself for that too. Yoongi gave me a small smile, looking proud of me for catching on so quickly to what he was saying. "She's right!! I've read in certain books that hospitals stock up on food and clothing." Jimin said, his expression showing a bit of surprise. It seems he wasn't the only one to catch onto what we were saying. "According to one of the giant manuals I read about the hospital's policy, it said that this particular hospital was the one that always stayed open during any natural disaster that occurred. When I was looking through the manual, I stumbled across order sheets and a map of the hospital, along with an inventory list." Namjoon admitted. This is a good thing. "What was on that inventory list? Do you still have it?" Jin asked, "Here, I kept both the map and inventory list in my pocket, in case we needed it." Namjoon handed Jin a small cluster of papers, which were stapled together and had evidence of being folded to fit in a pocket. Jin stayed quiet as he flipped through the pages of the paperwork, which left us in suspense. 

"Jin?" 

"Hyung?" Jungkook asked, his green eyes shaking a bit. When I looked over at Jin, he seemed to be surprised by what he read on the paper. "Jin, what's the matter?" I asked, feeling a bit concerned. "You and Yoongi are right." He said, looking up from the paper. His eyes locked onto my small figure standing beside Hoseok and Yoongi, "This inventory list proves that they have a stash of rations for emergencies. Food, clothing... You name it, they have it." Jin looked away from me, his head turning towards the others.

"Then we should go find that. If we're leaving the hospital, we're going to need supplies." Jungkook quipped, I noticed that when he said that, he tilted his head a bit. It seemed that he always did that when he talked. "Then let's do that first," Yoongi said. "Since we only have one copy of the hospital map and inventory list, I'm thinking that we all stick together while looking. We have to find the cafeteria, which will have the food. I say that we should check there first, then look for the clothes and everything else... Does that sound like a plan?" 

Wow, Namjoon seems to have taken on the aura of a leader. He literally fits the role very well, he has stayed mostly calm throughout this whole thing. Namjoon may not be the oldest of us, but he seems to take on the role of a leader. 

"Yeah," Jungkook nodded.

"Yeah."

"That sounds like a good one." 

"I'm in," Hoseok said.

"Me too." 

"I'm all for it," Jin said.

"Min, what about you?" Namjoon asked, looking over at me. "I'm in." He gave me a grateful smile and we headed out.

"Okay... So according to the map, we have to go down several floors. The current floor we are on is nowhere near where the cafeteria is. It says to get down to the cafeteria, we either go down the stairs to the second floor or we take the elevator." Namjoon said, pulling out the map for us to look at. "Would the elevators even work?" I asked, "No... No, not after this long... I mean we don't know how long we've been asleep but I doubt that much of the electricity works anymore." Jungkook said, "We can give it a try, there's no harm in that. If it doesn't work, then we can just use the stairs." Jimin suggested, "Good idea. Let's go." The eight of us left the lobby, heading over to the hallway with the elevators. 

"This thing... Looks old." Hoseok started.

"Yeah, well... Not all elevators look brand new." Yoongi retorted before pushing the elevator button. We all waited with bated breath, hoping that the elevator would work. I shifted my weight, sighing as we didn't hear the ding yet. 

"It's not working..." Jungkook shook his head, "Let's go, it seems that the electricity might not be strong enough to power the elevators." The others just sighed heavily, walking towards the staircase when I heard the sound of the elevator whirring. I looked back at the elevator, stepping closer to it, and just listened for a minute. I could hear the sounds coming from the elevator, which sounded like it was coming closer to our floor. "Wait..." I called, both Taehyung and Hoseok looked back at me. "What is it?" Taehyung asked, furrowing his eyebrows as he stepped away from the stairs. The elevator suddenly dinged, which stopped everyone in their tracks. Jin looked over his shoulder, as Namjoon came back up the stairs. All seven of the boys came over to the elevator, a resounding ding followed and the doors slowly creaked open. The eight of us looked to one another, feeling excited and happy about the fact that it was working.