6. The Notebook

Min's pov

After our talk and my confession that I felt that we knew one another, the group split up amongst ourselves hoping to find answers in different areas of the hospital. I was worried about splitting up and searching the larger wings of the hospital since we hadn't been around there, but I knew that everyone could probably handle themselves just fine if something happened. I had gone searching with Hoseok and Yoongi, the three of us coming across the Hospital Director's office. We decided to divide the room into three halves, each of us taking a corner to search. The office was very neat, there was a nice chair set sitting in the middle of the room surrounding a smaller coffee table. The desk sat towards the left-hand side of the room, Yoongi was currently rummaging through it. On the other side of the room, sitting against the back wall on the right-hand side sat a huge bookcase. It was filled to the brim with books, notebooks, and even huge science textbooks and journals. Hoseok was currently searching the bookcase to see if he could find anything useful while I was rooted by the door searching through a file cabinet.

"Hey, you two."

"What's up?" Hoseok and I turned our attention away from where we were and looked back at Yoongi. He was holding what looked like a thick, but paper-printed notebook in his hands. "What is that, Yoongi?" I asked, stepping away from the file cabinet and closer to where he was standing. I had yet to notice that Hoseok was holding a slimmer-looking notebook in his hands. "It looks like some sort of medical record book. I found it in the bottom drawer of the desk, but here's the weird thing about it... This book doesn't look like what a normal medical record would look like." He said, his brown eyes staying locked on the pages of the notebook. He flipped a page, "What do you mean?" Hoseok asked, "A normal hospital record book would have a lot more medical history of the patients that they are treating or have treated. They would also contain doctors. Some would even have notes jotted down by nurses, who were monitoring those patients." He said, flipping another page.

"But this... This doesn't have any of that. There are no official Doctor's notes or medical histories of any patients. Not to mention, there is a list of patients in this book but there aren't any notes on them. They look very young, like around the age of 11 to 14." He said, which made me curious as to he knew that. Maybe in his past life, he could have worked in a doctor's office as a nurse or something.

"Yoongi," I started, he finally looked up from the notebook, making eye contact with me. "Yes, Min?" He asked, his eyebrow-raising slightly. "How did you figure that a normal hospital record book would have a medical history of the patient and doctor's notes?" Hoseok looked over to Yoongi, probably wondering the same thing. "I don't know, honestly." He shrugged, "You can't remember?" Hoseok quipped, "No... I don't know why I knew all of that regarding hospital records... But what I do know is that kids around the age of 11 to 14, don't typically have a bunch of doctors. Not unless they were a very sick child who had a bunch of health problems." Yoongi said. "Then this office must belong to one of the hospital's Pediatricians," Hoseok suggested. "If it did, wouldn't the door have the name of the said Pediatrician and the practice?" I asked, looking to Hoseok who thought for a moment. "Yes, from what I can remember about doctor's offices and hospitals. The name and doctor's area of expertise would be on the front door, or at least on a small plaque on the wall." Hoseok nodded, as I looked back over to the pile of documents in my hands.

"Hey, uh, guys.." Hoseok called, causing Yoongi and I to look at him. "Hobi, what's the matter?"

"This notebook..." I followed his gaze, finally noticing the smaller, slimmer-looking notebook he had open in his hands. "Hoseok?" I questioned, he stared at the notebook and flipped a page. His eyes suddenly widened, as he skimmed the page he was looking at. Yoongi and I shared brief eye contact with each other before a small noise left Hoseok's mouth, which made us both look back at him. "The notebook... Our names... All of our names are listed here." The look in his eyes said it all, he looked extremely scared for some reason.