17. Digital clocks and Old Newspapers

Min's pov

My grip on Hoseok's shirt tightened, my nerves becoming even worse than when we first came across the building. There was something about this place that unsettled me but I couldn't tell what it was. Hoseok placed a hand over mine, squeezing it slightly and from his posture I could tell that he was uneasy. Jin's arms fell to his sides, gripping the weapon he had found back at the Mini-Mart before we left while Yoongi stared at the lobby we were standing in. The lobby was unrecognizable. Debris littered the ground, and the air was thick with dust. Rubble and broken glass littered the floor, and a few pieces of furniture lay overturned and charred. The front desk was partially standing up and the other half was destroyed and reduced to a pile of rubble. It was clear that something catastrophic had taken place here, but what exactly remained a mystery. There was no telling what could have happened to this place and I think what made it even more freaky was the fact that it was dead silent in the building. We stood frozen for a moment, taking in the scene before us. None of us knew what to think other than there was no way that this place was going to be easy, there were bound to be a lot of issues that arise while we're searching the place. Hoseok shifted his weight as I kept his hand in mine, not wanting to let go of it. "Shit." Jungkook cursed, breaking the silence that had fallen over us. "I didn't think this place would be so-"

"Broken? Destroyed?" Jimin chimed in.

"Not liveable by any means?" Taehyung whispered.

"Yeah.." Jungkook breathed in.

Namjoon stepped forward, pushing past Jimin and Taehyung and made his way to the front where Yoongi and Jin were standing. Hoseok decided to stay right where he was, Jungkook stepped forward slightly and stood beside us. "I know this building may look like total shit and we may not be able to find a suitable place in here to live," Namjoon started, letting out a sigh and turned back to face us. "But we might just find answers as to what happened to this place in here. All we need to do is stick together." He explained, "Right." Jin nodded. "Where do we start first?" Yoongi looked at Namjoon and Jin, who looked at one another and thought for a moment. I wondered what we would be able to find in this building, would it possible to find more spiders or animals here? Could there be more large insects that are hiding here? "How many stories is this building?" I looked at Jungkook, "From what I could tell when we saw the building outside is that it's six stories tall." Jungkook looked up at me, "I say we start with the first floor and work our way up. I know there's not much here in the lobby and half of the side of the building is gone but maybe there are still some rooms down here we could search through." Hoseok spoke up, "I think we should do that too." I agreed. "Yeah, that's a good idea." Jimin nodded, crossing his arms. With the majority of us voting to start with the first floor, we all spread out across the lobby and the first few rooms.

Hoseok and I stuck together, though there were places that he could have placed me down to sit, he decided to keep me on his back. Taehyung was also searching the room we were in with us, the room that we were currently in was pretty spacious. It looked like an office of some kind, there was a desk in the far corner of the room on the left hand side. "Hobi, put me down." I whined, "No," He answered, "Come on, I want to help search." I complained, Taehyung looked at the two of us and shook his head. "I said no, Min." I let out a groan, slightly moving around on his back. Hoseok let out a grumble under his breath as I shook him with my movements on his back, "Would you cut that out before you make me lose my footing?" He quipped, I stopped moving and pouted at his sharp tone. "Hobi, you could have placed me to sit down on that chair over there. Why do you insist on keeping me on your back? Wouldn't it be easier for you to search without me being on your back?" I questioned, Hoseok only chuckled in annoyance and shook his head. "No, I think it would only worry me even more. You are still injured. And we don't know if that chair is even stable." He said, "Then try putting weight on it and see what happens." I suggested, placing my chin on the top of his head. His red hair was incredibly soft, "And what happens if the chair collapses?" He asked, "Then you can keep me on your back. And if its stable-"