7. Family

Min's pov

"You and Hoseok are related. Hoseok hyung is your older brother." Namjoon said, both Hoseok and I stood in complete silence as everyone looked at us in shock, eyes widened and mouths hung open. I felt my mind start spiraling, I shut my eyes hoping to calm my mind but that wasn't working. I felt someone grab me by the shoulders and call my name, my eyes snapped open to find soft brown eyes belonging to Namjoon. "Hey, it's okay. Just take a deep breath, I know this is a lot to take in right now. Just breathe, Min." He spoke softly, so I did what he said. I took a deep breath, shaking my head free of all of the crazy questions that had popped into my head. When I calmed down, my shoulders relaxed and Namjoon smiled when he noticed it. This is the second time, I've nearly had a panic attack, and both times, it seems that Namjoon has been able to stop them and calm me down.

"Are you alright now, Min?" Taehyung asked, concern shining in his blue eyes. 

"Yes, I'm fine now. Don't worry." I gave him a light smile, thanking Namjoon who sighed in relief. It seemed Hoseok was just as concerned as Namjoon was, but when he saw that I was okay, he relaxed.

Is it possible that I could have been diagnosed with a panic disorder as a child from my past life or is this just how I am now? I hate this feeling. I hate worrying people. Get it together, Min. Stop freaking out every time we find out new information. It's going to affect everyone around you. And the last I want to do is have everyone walking on eggshells around me. Stop being weak, Min. You have to be stronger than this if you want to find answers and stay alive.

"Namjoon, are you sure that these two are related? How do you even know that?" Yoongi asked, looking over at him. Namjoon looked up from the notebook, "It's written in here. It was a bit further back in the notebook but I found a page that listed basic medical information about Min and Hoseok. They made a small chart and it looks like they were writing down the connections that we eight have to one another, but there were only two names written down. Min and Hoseok hyung. In this chart, they wrote that they are siblings, hyung being the oldest of the two." Namjoon explained, "Was there anything else written in there about our family? About where we came from?" Hoseok asked, his eyes trailing down to look at the notebook. "No, I'm sorry. All that was written down about you two were that you are related." Namjoon shook his head, closing the notebook. His hands fell to his sides, "What about us? Was there anything about us in there other than what we found?" Yoongi asked, his eyes holding a bit of desperation. "No... The only pertinent information that was written in this notebook was the fact that we are Humanity's last hope, that we are special and that Hyung and Min are siblings.. There is nothing in here that can tell us what we are doing here. Nor is there any information about the rest of us. They didn't get very far in this chart." Namjoon shook his head, as the others stood really quiet for a moment. I know that this was really crushing for everyone, we still have no clue what we are doing here. Hoseok looked over at me, his eyes still wide from the shock but there was a familiarity to the look he was giving me. When my eyes met his, I could tell that he was not denying the information, in fact, his eyes were shining. It seemed like he was okay with the fact that we are siblings, that we are blood related and we at least know this now.

Hobi is my older brother? This is insane... But it's comforting. It's comforting to know that I have family, even if I don't remember much about my past life. I knew there had to have been a reason as to why I felt so comfortable with Hoseok, even after just meeting him. The way he joked around with me, the way he acted so thoughtful towards me after knowing me for just 20 minutes. I just can't believe that he's my older brother... And while I'm so very happy to learn this... The others have no idea who their families are or where they are. They don't know who they could be related to at all. And we still know nothing about why we are here truly.

"You know..." Jin started, "We may not have found information regarding our own families, or why we are here in the first place... But I think it's a great thing that we do know that Hoseok and Min are siblings. I actually thought that they could be related, not because of their looks but because of the way that Hoseok acts towards Min. You might not have noticed it but after Namjoon first revealed that they are siblings, Hoseok's eyes gleamed." Jin smiled, turning to look at Hoseok and me. "I know that this must be a lot of information to deal with all at once, you both don't know much about your own past yet you find something incredible... You find out that you two are family. And right now.... Right now, I say that is all that matters. That small piece of information is what is most important right now." He spoke, I let his words sink in. In the little time that I have spent with Jin, it seems that he takes on the role of being the oldest very well. He definitely seems to hold a lot of knowledge and it feels nice to have someone like that in our group. We are definitely going to need that as we continue our search for answers.

"He's right." Jimin smiled, "We may not know anything, but I say that it's a good thing that we have found this." He added in.

"I for one, am glad to know this," Hoseok said, a smile on his face. 

"I don't mean to ruin the moment but... We still have no clue what is really going on... And the fact that we are in this large ass hospital, yet we found no other information about what happened and why we are so-called "Humanity's Last Hope" feels off and fishy." Yoongi started, turning all of the attention onto him. "We need to know what happened. We need to know why we can't remember our past and why we are the only ones left." He stated, crossing his arms as he gave us a serious look. "That's why I agree with Hoseok's suggestion of leaving the hospital. There is a possibility that once we leave, we can start finding out more things about what really took place." He said, which seemed to resonate with most of the group. I could see that Jungkook definitely agreed with this and so did Namjoon. 

"Then that's what we'll do." Namjoon said, "We are leaving this hospital. And we will find more answers."

What do you think is waiting for the eight of them outside of the hospital? What do you think about Jin's advice on learning this information?