16. Questions... and more Questions

Min's pov

"Okay, everyone has everything, right?" Namjoon asked, the eight of us were all standing outside of the Mini-Mart. I was comfortably resting on Hoseok's back, my arms dangling over his chest while my legs were securely wrapped around his waist. Hoseok hadn't complained when I was put on his back, he said that I was much lighter than he thought I would be which also seemed to spark worry in him. It seemed that no matter what happens, Hoseok is always going to worry about my well-being. Jin made sure to reassure him that I wasn't unhealthy and that once we found a place to stay, he would make sure that we were all well-fed. "Yeah, we got everything." Jin nodded, after checking over the bag he had. After that run-in with the spider, everyone made sure to find some form of a weapon, whether it was a kitchen knife or a machete like what Jungkook had found. Jimin and Taehyung had packed all the bags we could carry with things we found in the Mini-mart, I heard a loud hiss come from behind us and turned my head to see what was making that sound. "Jungkook, what are you doing?" Jin asked, "Marking the Mini-mart," He answered, spray painting a large X in red on the wall. "I marked it with an X to let us that this is one spot we can return for supplies, like the hospital." He explained, capping the spray paint and placing it in the side pocket of his bag. "The X is also a reminder that a giant spider attacked us and there's a possibility it can happen again." He finished explaining, looking up from his bag. He slipped it onto his back, readjusting the straps, and checked to make sure his machete was secured in its sheath which was hanging from his belt loop.

"Smart move," Yoongi nodded.

"Thanks, Hyung." Jungkook smiled, Yoongi only nodded his head in response as Taehyung patted Jungkook on the back as if he was proud of him.

"Alright, where does the map say this building was?" Namjoon asked, "It's this way. I'll lead." Yoongi took the lead, we all seemed a little hesitant but we followed him regardless. Jin walked beside Yoongi, holding a large bat that he had found in the Mini-Mart before we left. I even had a weapon of my own, which was strapped to my hip and I even had a back-up weapon concealed in my belt. Thank god the boys found clothing in that Mini-Mart, otherwise, I would have been stuck with the same clothes and hardly any undergarments to wear. Jimin and Taehyung were walking in front of Hoseok and me, while Namjoon and Jungkook trailed behind us. They took up the rear, protecting us from any sort of harm that could possibly come since Hoseok couldn't protect himself and me and fight off whatever could come at us. They positioned us in the middle so that we were well protected, I was injured and Hoseok was carrying me. Jin and Yoongi made small talk and so did Jimin and Taehyung, they seemed to get along very well. "It seems so peaceful here right now," Hoseok started, looking up at me briefly. "Yeah, it does." The two of us slightly smiled when we heard the chirping of birds, I looked up at the sky and noticed a flock of birds that were flying high overhead. "Look," I patted his shoulder, Hoseok looked up and stared in awe.

"Birds." He said.

"They look normal. I didn't think there was anything that was still normal in this world."

"I know what you mean... We were literally attacked by a giant 8-foot spider." I stated.

"Yeah... But who knows if those birds are actually normal?" Jungkook cut in, making me look back at him. "What if those birds can breathe fire? Or have some kind of magical powers that could kill us?" He added, Namjoon thought for a moment as I looked back up at the birds who were flying off in a different direction. "You could be onto something. They could possibly do any of those things. This world we've woken up in is so different from what we had before all of this..." Namjoon mused, holding his chin. "None of us remember what this world was like before we woke up, Namjoon. It's very much possible that there could be no difference between what it was like before we woke up and now. There's no telling how much time actually passed by while we were asleep, we don't even know what year it was we were put to sleep or what led to us being in that hospital." Jimin chimed in, I guess he overheard our conversation. I zoned out of the rest of the conversation, deciding to take in the sights around us. As we walked through the neglected streets, I could not help but notice the sorry state of many of the buildings. Moss and grass adorned their walls, and some had crumbling fire escapes hanging like forgotten memories along their facades. The steel was tarnished with rust, and everything was covered in a thick layer of grime. Among the discarded items on the ground, my heart ached at the sight of a small teddy bear, abandoned by someone who must have been no more than a child. I hugged Hoseok closer to me, feeling saddened by the thought that the child could possibly be no more. Ever since we stepped foot outside the hospital, we got no signs that there were any people left. It hit me a little harder, realizing that we truly may be the only humans left in this world.

What happened to the people of this world? Where did they go? Is it possible that we might not even be on the planet Earth?

I was brought out of my thoughts when Hoseok came to an abrupt stop, nearly bumping into Yoongi's back. I looked up, following everyone's line of vision. We had stopped in front of a large, run-down apartment building. Moss covered the outside of the building, with beautiful and strange-looking flowers growing on some parts of the wall. Namjoon made his way to the front of the group, all of us standing with bated breath as to what we could possibly uncover in this building. Namjoon stood in the front, hesitating to open the front doors. When he lifted his hand to touch the handle, Jin grabbed Namjoon's arm and stopped him. "What is it, Hyung?" Jimin could sense Jin's hesitancy, it reminded me of how he was when we came across the elevator. "... We need to be really careful, this time. Nobody is going to venture off on their own and we aren't splitting up. We're not having a repeat of what went down in the Mini-Mart, nobody else is going to get injured like Min. We stick together and search this place together." Jin said, he looked back at us and we all nodded. He then looked back at Namjoon and let his arm go, silently signaling for him to open the door. Namjoon took a deep breath, opened the doors and we carefully set foot inside the lobby.

"Well, shit..." Yoongi cursed, "We aren't gonna have an easy time scouring this place, are we?" He quipped, placing the map in his back pocket. "Nope, something tells me that we won't have it easy."

What do you think they found in the lobby of the apartment building? Do you think it's going to be an easy feat or will they have trouble? Let me know in the comments below what you think. Also, who do you want Min to have a bonding scene with next?

Jin?

Yoongi?

Hoseok?

Namjoon?

Jimin?

Taehyung?

or

Jungkook?

P.S. can I just say how proud I am of Namjoon for his new ambassador role!! This man is so cool, honestly. I can't even begin to fathom how he is just so down to earth and humble he is. He insipes me to work so much harder at what I love doing. Let's give a round of a applause to our awesome leader, Kim Namjoon!!!