Chapter 9: Wonderland

——————————🎩——————————

Alice, (Y/n) and the White Queen stood on a balcony with Alice leaning her elbow on the rail and resting her chin in her hand, while (Y/n) looked down at her feet, thinking deeply about the Hatter.

She was very worried about him. She had hoped that he had somehow managed to get away from the Red Queen before he could be punished, but she also knew that the odds were not very likely.

"I had hoped to have a champion by now." The White Queen commented.

Alice looked at her. "Why don't you slay the Jabberwocky yourself? You must have the power."

"It is against my vows to harm any living creature." She explained, as she swatted at a bug that was flying in her face.

She turned back to look over her kingdom and smiled when she spotted something in the distance. The Queen elegantly turned to a small telescope that was in the balcony and peered through it.

"We have company." She announced, going back inside to welcome them.

(Y/n) furrowed her brows and looked through the scope herself to see Hatter, Mally, McTwisp, The Tweedles and Bayard's family coming towards the castle.

(Y/n) smiled widely and ran back inside to go see them. Particularly, Hatter.

...

As the group was walking along the bridge, Bayard ran ahead and reunited with his wife and pups.

(Y/n) was right behind him and ran straight to Hatter, tackling him in a hug. He was, of course, ready to receive her embrace and hugged her back, picking her up and twirling her around.

"I'm so happy to see you! I thought they were...were going to..."

Hatter put her down, and looked into her eyes. "So did I. But they didn't, and now here I am, still in one piece. And I'm rather glad about that now that I'm seeing you again. I would have regretted not seeing you again, because...well, I have something to tell you, several good things to tell you, several good things to tell you, many wonderful good things to tell you!"

"Hatter."

"Things. Fez. I'm fine."

"Where's your hat?" (Y/n) asked.

His hat floated down beside him, and Cheshire revealed himself holding it.

(Y/n) smiled. "Cheshire. Should have known."

"How are you, love?" He greeted.

"Much better know." She replied.

Cheshire took one last glance at Hatter's hat. "Goodbye, sweet hat."

He disappeared, Hatter holding his hat to his chest protectively.

...

Later that night, (Y/n) was sitting on the bed in her room, when a knock was heard at her door. She stood up and opened it to reveal Hatter on the other side.